The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
Naija brehs, answer this.

Is there a way Igbo, Yoruba, etc. people can tell each other apart physically or is it all language?

My girl is Igbo but she was born here and doesn’t know a whole lot about her culture cause her parents wanted her to assimilate. So she couldn’t answer it for me.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH

Is there a way Igbo, Yoruba, etc. people can tell each other apart physically or is it all language?

My girl is Igbo but she was born here and doesn’t know a whole lot about her culture cause her parents wanted her to assimilate. So she couldn’t answer it for me.
Yes you can more or less tell

s@n

All Star
Daps
Instead for you to do something productive with your day

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
why you mad? :heh: i watched a video. :yeshrug:
nikka it took a white YouTuber to explain this when there are Yoruba people on this board who have been saying the same thing for god knows how long

You’re also the Same poster who laughed at naija artists who made afrobeats music in different languages when I posted them in a different thread

You have a very questionable post history when it comes to topics like this

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
nikka it took a white YouTuber to explain this when there are Yoruba people on this board who have been saying the same thing for god knows how long

You’re also the Same poster who laughed at naija artists who made afrobeats music in different languages when I posted them in a different thread

You have a very questionable post history when it comes to topics like this
nikka... i watched an interesting video and thought to post it here. How the fukk am i supposed to know the ethnic group of posters on here.

Yes, afrobeats sounds the same to me :yeshrug:. quit making an issue out of nothing.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
nikka... i watched an interesting video and thought to post it here. How the fukk am i supposed to know the ethnic group of posters on here.

Yes, afrobeats sounds the same to me :yeshrug:. quit making an issue out of nothing.
You’re ignoring the problem. My problem isn’t that fact you think it sounds the same. My problem was the fact you were laughing people making music in their own native language and some how thought they should have done it English like them speaking in Yoruba wasn’t good enough. I’ll bring up the post too if you want to test me

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
You’re ignoring the problem. My problem isn’t that fact you think it sounds the same. My problem was the fact you were laughing people making music in their own native language and some how thought they should have done it English like them speaking in Yoruba wasn’t good enough. I’ll bring up the post too if you want to test me
bring up the post, you mistaken me with another poster.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
bring up the post, you mistaken me with another poster.
:ufdup:

:mjlol: they speaking a whole other language

sounds like background music.
This is what you said when I posted music

afrobeats it’s still apredominantly west African genre, what language do you think they would speak . Most of the shyt don’t sound good in English. A lot of you are really white ppl in black bodies. Again the rest of the world ain’t America my boy. There’s a reason fela kutis best songs sounds good in Yoruba and not English. That was the voice of the people.
This is my repsonse

again we can see that you don't really respect the culture and goes backs to my previous point. - you were laughing people making music in their own native language and somehow thought they should have done it English like them speaking in Yoruba wasn’t good enough.

His albums be all over the place...

God damn Afrobeat
DC Gogo
Pop records
Street Record

Stop trying to please all these fanbases and just lock in with ONE producer.

I always listen to Wale songs, not albums.
ok lets talk about how you had a problem with wale a nigerian-american artist trying to connect with his roots by doing afrobeats

again if you really respected the culture it shouldn't have taken a white YouTuber for you too understand the content of his video when there are Yoruba people like @Kitsch @Gunz&Butta and @Nemesis on this board who have been saying the same thing for god knows how long

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Yes, you can tell sometimes.

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
:ufdup:

This is what you said when I posted music

This is my repsonse

again we can see that you don't really respect the culture and goes backs to my previous point. - you were laughing people making music in their own native language and somehow thought they should have done it English like them speaking in Yoruba wasn’t good enough.

ok lets talk about how you had a problem with wale a nigerian-american artist trying to connect with his roots by doing afrobeats

again if you really respected the culture it shouldn't have taken a white YouTuber for you too understand the content of his video when there are Yoruba people like @Kitsch @Gunz&Butta and @Nemesis on this board who have been saying the same thing for god knows how long
Wale albums have no cohesion :yeshrug: . What has me saying they aren't speaking english got to do with me disrespecting Yoruba culture? Ghanaians make afrobeat, still sound the same. I listen to Hip Hop, if it isn't the lyrics, it's the beat. For afrobeat, I don't understand the language and beats sound the same. How is this disrespect to Yoruba culture. This an example of the disconnect when Africans come to this country, can't take jokes. Again i posted an interesting video and you butt hurt mentioning something irrelevant :camby: