Reppin
The Bronx
February 11, 2016 11:52 a.m.
The Walking Dead’s Sarah Wayne Callies Saved Carol From Becoming Zombie Meat
By E. Alex Jung Follow @e_alexjung
4 Shares
Share 0 Tweet 3 Share 1 Email 0 Print

11-sarah-wayne-callies-melissa-mcbride-the-walking-dead.w529.h529.jpg

Sarah Wayne Callies, Melissa McBride's guardian angel.
Melissa McBride's character Carol wasn't supposed to have a long, transformative arc on The Walking Dead. In the comics, Carol dies early and tragically (she commits zombie suicide), and she was supposed to die in season three of the show. "Not a lot of people know that when we were shooting season three, in the episode where T-Dog died, there was a moment where Carol was going to die in lieu of T-Dog’s character," Greg Nicotero, one of the executive producers of the show, told SFX. In the episode, T-Dog (IronE Singleton) valiantly sacrifices himself (yes, he had already been bit, but still) so that Carol can escape. Well, it turns out that Carol had another guardian angel behind the scenes as well.

In a roundtable of surviving Walking Dead cast members with EW, Andrew Lincoln relays the story of how his onscreen wife, Lori, played by Sarah Wayne Callies, asked the producers to save Carol. "Do you remember, with Sarah Wayne Callies? She fought for you," Lincoln tells McBride. "It was the episode when Lori and T-Dog die. But for a few weeks it was going to be Carol and Lori. And Sarah, in her good grace and class, stepped in and said, 'That’s a terrible mistake.' And so she knew that she was going, but she fought for you to stay." "I did not know that. I’m going to faint," replies McBride. "Get her on the phone!" What color rose do you think says, Thanks for saving me from zombie death?

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
Here we go

giphy.gif

I straight up hate watch this show at this point. Don't even know why either as there's no actual ending coming. Just more dumb choices that make no sense because to be smart is to not have a show

Couldn't agree more breh. Show has no purpose, the themes it deals with have been beaten into the ground, and I question why I bother watching it after almost every episode.

That said, see you on Sunday. :francis:

and the Sunday after that :mjcry:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
4 Shares

Melissa McBride's character Carol wasn't supposed to have a long, transformative arc on The Walking Dead. In the comics, Carol dies early and tragically (she commits zombie suicide), and she was supposed to die in season three of the show. "Not a lot of people know that when we were shooting season three, in the episode where T-Dog died, there was a moment where Carol was going to die in lieu of T-Dog’s character," Greg Nicotero, one of the executive producers of the show, told SFX. In the episode, T-Dog (IronE Singleton) valiantly sacrifices himself (yes, he had already been bit, but still) so that Carol can escape. Well, it turns out that Carol had another guardian angel behind the scenes as well.

In a roundtable of surviving Walking Dead cast members with EW, Andrew Lincoln relays the story of how his onscreen wife, Lori, played by Sarah Wayne Callies, asked the producers to save Carol. "Do you remember, with Sarah Wayne Callies? She fought for you," Lincoln tells McBride. "It was the episode when Lori and T-Dog die. But for a few weeks it was going to be Carol and Lori. And Sarah, in her good grace and class, stepped in and said, 'That’s a terrible mistake.' And so she knew that she was going, but she fought for you to stay." "I did not know that. I’m going to faint," replies McBride. "Get her on the phone!" What color rose do you think says, Thanks for saving me from zombie death?

I stopped at the bolded. Hold up... this cat name is IronE?:snoop: That has to be some type of typo or misprint right?

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
4 Shares

So.......she saved Carol, at the expense of T-Dog:dwillhuh:

:beli: