White Youtuber Mr. Beast just built 100 Water Wells In Africa...

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Excuse my ignorance, but if it’s been this easy to get these people water, why the hell didn’t they already have the water :dahell:
The governments are very corrupt and purposely keep people poor and suffering. Part of it is because white, arab, and some asian nations either bribe the people in charge, making it easier for them to pull bullshyt (while the African politicians line their pockets), part of it is African politicians trying to maintain a system that allows them and those they handpick to run things (allowing them to line their pockets), and part of it is outright greed and probably pure sadism.

Essentially, a lot of it is that the governments don't want the status quo shifted too much. Doing so often puts them in a position where they can't control or profit off of anything. They are slow to adapt so they try and shut things down early before anything is done. This usually means everyone else suffering but they're fukk-headed sadists so they don't care about that. I think I told a story about how, in Abuja, a bunch of building owners along a stretch of poorly constructed road gathered up money to get someone to fix it. The government literally told us that we were not allowed to fix it since it was public property and that if we tried, we would be arrested and fined. shyt was mind-blowing since the road was utter shyt. They only started fixing the road when the election was rolling around, to make things look like the government was trying to fix things. It's only in small villages one can pull this off since the government doesn't pay much attention to these areas (until something that makes them mad occurs there) and only someone, often foreigners with some level of backing, that can get away with shyt like this.

This is also the reason why when these politicians go abroad, they keep their heads down and essentially move in secret since they have been attacked a few times.
Here's one example. Funny thing, he's now serving 9 years for organ harvesting plots.

Last edited:

Magic Mulatto

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. . .
Daps
How come you savvy Coli brehs aren’t rich asf like Mr. Beast?:huh:

If it’s that easy, right?:unsure:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps

He doesn’t even live large . Still lives in the same neighborhood he grew up
that's pretty dope. instead of giving them a chain or cash, he gives them a free housing investment. clever.

he has a regular truck as well. i mean he's rarely home and sleeps at the studio, no real reason to have anything that lavish collecting dust. maybe when he retires.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You know what my beef is?

This does the "why don't our people do it?" vibes like we dont see celebs donate money to black organizations all the time.

Kenya, one of the places he is "helping" has the following. These are the 10 biggest cities in Kenya. He is going to the literal sticks to help people who literally want nothing to do with society. These people probably don't even vote at all. Last time I checked, most politicians build infrastructure for their CONSTITUENTS.

Every city listed has fully functional water, rail, high speed internet, energy, you name it.

He should be building wells in Ukraine. Fukk outta here with that "why didn't the government do it" shyt. People that choose to be in the sticks live off their own means. Check out Appalachia for reference if you need poor ass white people in América to be an example.

1.Capital4,397,073 Nairobi[2]
2.City1,208,333 Mombasa[3]
3.City570,674Nakuru[3]
4.Municipality (Ruiru + Githurai)490,120Kiambu[3]
5.Municipality475,716[3]
6.City397,957Kisumu[3]
7.Municipality323,881Kiambu[3]
8.Municipality (Ngong + O/Rongai)279,757Kajiado[3]
9.Municipality (Mlolongo + Athi River + Syokimau + Katani + Githunguri)258,498Machakos[4]
10.Municipality

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Anyone with money could have did this, and I point this out not to discredit Mr.Beast, I'm pointing it out just to show how selfish and greedy a lot of wealthy people are. That goes for African Billionaires too.

Edit: Editing to mention there are wealthy who probably do help out, but simply don't make any mention of it, shout out to them as well.
Regardless of what his motives are, Mr. Beast is doing God's work. :wow:
You spitting at Michael Jordan?

bnew

Veteran
Daps

MrBeast builds 100 wells in Africa, attracting praise – and some criticism​

Issy Ronald and Stephanie Busari, CNN

Tue, November 7, 2023 at 6:17 AM EST·4 min read

206de7a5108fe3dea325b0986bfa066f

MrBeast/YouTube

American YouTuber MrBeast’s latest video, in which he says he built 100 wells across Africa, has drawn a complex response online since it was published on Saturday.

Some Kenyan activists and journalists said he has spotlighted the failures of the Kenyan government, while MrBeast, whose real name is Jimmy Donaldson, anticipates that he will be “canceled” following the reaction.

The new wells will provide clean drinking water for up to 500,000 people in Cameroon, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda and Zimbabwe, Donaldson said, while an accompanying fundraiser to support local water aid organizations had raised more than $300,000 by Monday morning.

Donaldson’s 10-minute video also showed him donating supplies to Kenyan schools, such as new furniture, soccer balls, computers, whiteboards and projectors; building a bridge across a river to safely connect a village with the local schools and hospital; and donating bikes to a village in Zimbabwe to help children get to school.

Prominent activist Boniface Mwangi contrasted Donaldson’s actions with those of the Kenyan government, saying that “we are a “shameful, horrible country…a begging nation governed by millionaires.”

He added on X, formerly known as Twitter: “Every five years we give newly elected members of parliament, and senators a Sh5 million car grant ($33,000), fuel those cars every month but we have no money to drill boreholes for our people?”

Similarly, freelance journalist Ferdinand Omondi lauded Donaldson’s efforts but said that “it’s embarrassing that a YouTuber jetted into Kenya on a charity tour to perform tasks our taxes should have completed ages ago.”

CNN reached out to a Kenyan government spokesperson for comment but had not received a response at the time of publication.

Saran Kaba Jones, founder and CEO of FACE Africa, an organization working to improve water infrastructure and sanitation in sub-Saharan Africa, told CNN: “I’ve been doing this for 15 years, but we’ve been struggling to continue the work because funding, awareness, and advocacy all take work.”

And then, she added, “overnight, this person comes along, who happens to be a white male figure with a huge platform, and all of a sudden, he gets all of the attention. It’s kind of frustrating, but it’s also understanding the nature of how the world is.”

She praised Donaldson for shining the spotlight on the need for clean water supply but warned that “the issue is sustainability. It’s one thing to go in and install the well, it’s another thing for us to go back to three, four, or five years from now, and see if that well is still functional.”

Kaba Jones told CNN that FACE Africa works in areas where “60% of wells are broken, and people go back to drinking from the creek because there was no infrastructure put in place for follow-up for maintenance for repair” and said she hoped Donaldson’s well-building effort included this infrastructure.

While much of the reaction to Donaldson’s video seemed to focus on how it shamed the Kenyan government, its creator anticipated a backlash, saying on X that he “knows I’m gonna get canceled because I uploaded a video helping people, and to be 100% clear, I don’t care.”

Aspiring Kenyan politician Francis Gaitho criticized Donaldson’s video, saying on X that it perpetuated the stereotype that Africa is “dependent on handouts…and philanthropic intervention,” though Gaitho’s comments attracted criticism of their own.

Donaldson is the most popular individual creator on YouTube, with more than 200 million subscribers. He has become known for his philanthropy, posting videos in which he sponsored 1,000 blind people’s cataract surgery and bought prosthetic limbs for 2,000 amputees.

Such videos have helped him build a business empire potentially worth more than $1 billion and garnered him enough recognition that Time magazine named him one of the most influential people in 2023.

Some critics have previously accused Donaldson of exploiting vulnerable people to generate views and revenue but he said on X that “I’m always going to use my channel to help people and try to inspire my audience to do the same.”

For more CNN news and newsletters create an account at CNN.com