Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's such a shytty reason that it makes me laugh

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No tribe even sold their own tribesmen. Rival ethnic groups captured others in war and those captured people became slaves.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
:lupe: I just don't understand it brehs

I hate when white people try to exonerate themselves of all responsibility when it comes to slavery by saying "Africans sold their own people into slavery" which I can say is true, but definitely not to the extent that they paint it as:obamaohhh:

The majority of slaves were captured by Europeans and that's just the truth, these nikkas act like the white man came all peacefully like "Are you interested in selling us slaves" :troll:

This excuse is the equivalent of buying a known stolen car from someone, it still doesn't make it right :mindblown:
Wait, you know slave owners?

Also, slaves were sold to the Europeans. You really think they were going to go in the jungle and to hunt Black people? I think you need to do some reading because you'll discover that Europeans were deathly afraid of the bush. Not only that, but they were scared of Africans. They thought they were vicious cannibals.

The idea that the Europeans came to Africa and captured a bunch of Africans is an insult to the Africans in question. The vast majority of slaves in the transatlantic slave trade were sold by Africans to Europeans in exchange for rum, guns, and molasses.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Wait, you know slave owners?

Also, slaves were sold to the Europeans. You really think they were going to go in the jungle and to hunt Black people? I think you need to do some reading because you'll discover that Europeans were deathly afraid of the bush. Not only that, but they were scared of Africans. They thought they were vicious cannibals.

The idea that the Europeans came to Africa and captured a bunch of Africans is an insult to the Africans in question. The vast majority of slaves in the transatlantic slave trade were sold by Africans to Europeans in exchange for rum, guns, and molasses.
Funny, I read early Europeans didn't realize that Africans were human and used to eat them :mjpls:

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
exactly, ownership of a person for commercial gain was really abstract to them. Same thing happened with the native americans. They believed that you could not "own" the earth, it was communal. So when the englishmen came through and said here we'll give you all this money and jewels and guns if you give us some land and the Indians were like :heh: these motherfukkers are dumb as hell. And then the cacs became cacs

Just the mental gymnastics this takes is nuts to me.

These people don't think it's wrong, but I know it's wrong, but since they don't I guess it's cool. Same deal with slavery. "Hey darkie, I know I treat you like shyt, but you don't know better than this so it's cool."

Aren't rich folk always like this? Reminds me of the last decade of financial bullshyt where traders justify fukking everybody else over.

Daps
All enslaved Africans were NOT sold into slavery. Many were kidnapped as well. Also, what white people did was infuse hate into indentured servitude and created Chattel Slavery.

Indentured Servitude and Chattel Slavery are two completely different things.

Nobody made white people, strip enslaved Africans of their Names, Culture, Human Rights, ect.
Nobody made Slave owners rape the women and molest the children
Nobody made Slave owners castrate the men before hanging them (out of jealousy)
Nobody made Slave owners separate the families and destroy the family structure

I can go on and on. Simply tell the cac in question to chew glass and kill themselves. :thinking:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
without slavery there would be no hip hop