White People Rationalizing Slavery with "You sold them to us" Unappreciation

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
:lupe: I just don't understand it brehs

I hate when white people try to exonerate themselves of all responsibility when it comes to slavery by saying "Africans sold their own people into slavery" which I can say is true, but definitely not to the extent that they paint it as:obamaohhh:

The majority of slaves were captured by Europeans and that's just the truth, these nikkas act like the white man came all peacefully like "Are you interested in selling us slaves" :troll:

This excuse is the equivalent of buying a known stolen car from someone, it still doesn't make it right :mindblown:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
This makes me want to choke people out. "Oh, well... I just couldn't resist! Someone was selling something to me and I just didn't have the wherewithal to say no! Therefore I have no responsibility for the centuries of oppression that happened thereafter!

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
It's the argument that lets you know the person you're talking to is an idiot.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa: now i agree with what OP is saying but if you look into history black people did sell eachother for guns and alchohol :yeshrug:

But to say white people had to part in it is ridiculous, they were capturing Africans up and down the western coast of Africa. And they bribed,payed or intimidated other blacks to go deeper into Africa to get them some slaves.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
The concept of slavery exonerated by us, and by white people is completely different.

Many societies in Africa with kings and hierarchical forms of government traditionally kept slaves. But these were mostly used for domestic purposes. They were an indication of power and wealth and not used for commercial gain. However, with the appearance of Europeans desperate to buy slaves for use in the Americas, the character of African slave ownership changed.

They didn't know when it started that for the most part they'd be on plantations and going through what they went through.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
It's worse when black people say that shyt. :snoop:

2010 on :hamster: during the World Cup, Ghana vs USA. It was a thread talking about "if you root for USA over Ghana then you're a c00n". It's still one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen on the internet. Fake militants running rampant on one side and the other side it was dumb asses talking about "they sold us into slavery in the first place fukk em" :snoop:

Embarrassing

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
They are trolling...... That is the second excuse white people give after "I didn't own any slaves."

I don't pay it attention anymore because cac's are gon cac. What are you doing right now to fix the injustices of the past?(Talking to black folks)

LordTaskForce

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The concept of slavery exonerated by us, and by white people is completely different.

They didn't know when it started that for the most part they'd be on plantations and going through what they went through.

exactly, ownership of a person for commercial gain was really abstract to them. Same thing happened with the native americans. They believed that you could not "own" the earth, it was communal. So when the englishmen came through and said here we'll give you all this money and jewels and guns if you give us some land and the Indians were like :heh: these motherfukkers are dumb as hell. And then the cacs became cacs

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
exactly, ownership of a person for commercial gain was really abstract to them. Same thing happened with the native americans. They believed that you could not "own" the earth, it was communal. So when the englishmen came through and said here we'll give you all this money and jewels and guns if you give us some land and the Indians were like :heh: these motherfukkers are dumb as hell. And then the cacs became cacs

Indians would take the money and be back on the land the next day:heh: