White people don’t realize this was a corny ass scene to majority of blacc people

Was this scene corny to you ?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 92.2%

• Total voters

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
My dad been in my life since day 1 :blessed: and I’m almost :flabbynsick:. I remember watching that scene when it came out in the nineties like :lupe:

Ima pray for y’all other nikkas tho :mjcry: how come he ain’t want y’all man :sadbron:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
This scene always stuck with me because I went through it with one of the juveniles I volunteered to supervise.

It wasn’t exactly like the Fresh Prince scene, the man he thought was his father was on death row, he had somewhat a good relationship with him though.

His mom tried to put him on child support while in prison, I don’t know how that works but she did it, they ended up paternity testing him and it turned out little bro wasn’t his son.

His actual dad ended up being another dude in prison with football numbers, but he was so heartbroken and angry with his mom for not just letting him be happy with the lie.

Lil bro was 15 but always tried to act super grown/tough and hide his emotions, when he was tearing up in my car and I instantly thought about that Fresh Prince scene.

I hated seeing him suffer through the realization but I also hated how cliche it was, because things don’t have to be this way, these little boys need dads.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Yeah, nah...lol.

Sell that shyt to someone else. We ain't rewriting history up in here.

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
OP did you grow up with your father? Because this could seem corny to you if you actually had your father in your life.

I grew up in the hood without my actual father (fukk that bytch ass nikka, btw), but I did have a father figure around. I can't shyt on the brothers that grew up with their fathers, because they had someone teaching them shyt that us dudes without fathers had to learn on our own.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
OP did you grow up with your father? Because this could seem corny to you if you actually had your father in your life.

I grew up in the hood without my actual father (fukk that bytch ass nikka, btw), but I did have a father figure around. I can't shyt on the brothers that grew up with their fathers, because they had someone teaching them shyt that us dudes without fathers had to learn on our own.
No I didn’t

Scene was still corny and I explained why

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Will started crying when the fam found out Carlton took his speed pills & that was season 2 :camby:

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
All them hood nikkas that actually get to grow ask that question.......be too late for moat of em though......like women trying to shift blame somewhere for all the bad choices......should have cried and asked the question and got that out your system instead of being fake and living in negativity......all that dysfunction for no reason.........then have kids and grandkids and following the same playbook.......wasn't gone be me brehs....... :ufdup: