White people don’t realize this was a corny ass scene to majority of blacc people

Was this scene corny to you ?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 92.2%

• Total voters

degu9089

All Star
Daps
To hood nikkas it was

Ain’t no brother in the hood ever yell out and scream “why he don’t want me!! “ and break down crying as a grown man
Yeah that’s true. They just turned to alcohol and drugs, and beat the women and children in their lives instead of processing those emotions. So uncorny.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
All them so called tough superthug nikkas behind closed doors wish they daddy was in their lives, because everyday they seen other kids with their fathers..

It’s just like u see these older women who sit up and say I don’t need a man to help raise my kid/kids , i can do it myself.. but behind closed doors and away from others they pray that a man would come into they life…

Black People for some reason don’t like to show they emotions/pain in front of others

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
To hood nikkas it was

Ain’t no brother in the hood ever yell out and scream “why he don’t want me!! “ and break down crying as a grown man

I could give a shyt what fakkits in the hood think about anything

What they think about you hanging out at the gay parade

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Suburb nikkas in here mad af :mjlol:

Shut up white boy :russ:

I’m gladly a suburban breh as a oppose to you, a man who’s fukked nikkas who wear dresses :manny:

Then tries to act tough (online) but be a damn kitten in real life.

Gon’ getcha EJ Johnson on super crip :russ:

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
why would hood nikkas watch fresh prince in the first place lol whole concept of the show should be corny to them

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I never watched Fresh Prince alot, but I think I remember this scene. Or maybe I just saw the scene on youtube. But no, I didn't find it corny. It sorta reminded me of that "Good Times" scene, after the children tracked down Papa Evans, James's father...and James didn't want anything to do with him, as Papa Evans waited in the living room. While James was in the bedroom, he told Florida his father went out to get a loaf a bread, and never came back...lol. Anyway, he said he didn't know whether to throw the man out on his butt, or what.

Anyway, James finally came out, and he didn't know what to say to his father. Anyway, his father apologized. After James scorned him, he eventually busted out crying, while embracing him. That's how the episode ended. To see strong James Evans break down like that, was never seen, and it showed us how important your father is, no matter how old you get.

So to see somebody who is only a teen, like Will Smith, break down and embrace his own father, was far from corny, after watching the strongest figure of a Black father like James Evans, break down and embrace his father. Other than the ending scene where the family found out their father had been killed, and the ending scene where Florida finally broke down after his funeral...the "Damn, Damn, Damn" scene, which everybody makes fun of today, when it never was funny, this scene where he broke down and embraced his father, was the touchiest scene of the series.

I'm not sure how the average person would act in real life in that situation. That's personal, especially when it comes to their father.

Last edited: