while i'm sure it will surpass it one day, why was there no word of Ant Man doing GREEN LANTERN #s??

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
See I feel the opposite.......I feel like the bigger these movies get, the more worried I get. AoU really did disappointed me with its jammed packed plot lines. I appreciate my single hero stories

I'm stilled hyped for Cap 3 though....I just hope it's a Cap movie and not avengers 2.5

It already sounds like avengers 2.5 breh. And I wasn't a big fan of age of ultron either. It was okay but it just felt like a lot was missing and even mashed together

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This was the one super hero flick that did not interest me. The reviews are good but the movie has no buzz with the general public.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Movie was fantastic and is generating good word of mouth and stellar reviews which is the EXACT opposite of Green Lantern. Marvel basically took their version of Tito Jackson and made him a star. Everyone who has seen the movie has enjoyed it. Whereas sitting through Green Lantern was a chore, it's one of only three movies I've ever fallen asleep on. shyt was EXTRA Wack and it's only half-way redeeming quality was Ryan Reynolds attempting desperately to lift that shyt stain of a film to respectability....

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Movie was fantastic and is generating good word of mouth and stellar reviews which is the EXACT opposite of Green Lantern. Marvel basically took their version of Tito Jackson and made him a star. Everyone who has seen the movie has enjoyed it. Whereas sitting through Green Lantern was a chore, it's one of only three movies I've ever fallen asleep on. shyt was EXTRA Wack and it's only half-way redeeming quality was Ryan Reynolds attempting desperately to lift that shyt stain of a film to respectability....

They aren't all stellar breh, lets not act like this thing is a gem across the board but i hear you

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
They aren't all stellar breh, lets not act like this thing is a gem across the board but i hear you

I don't mean universally beloved like a classic of the genre like say The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2 or Winter Soldier but it's certainly been more well received than lets say Man Of Steel (which I thought got some unfair hate) or both Hulk films (both were boring in my opinion)

What im trying to say is that the good reviews it garnered and fan satisfaction certain,t justified Ant-Man's solo movie existence, plus I feel like it should embolden Marvel to maybe branch out and hopefully get a Mark Rufallo Hulk solo film, put some REAL weight behind the Black Panther solo films and Dr. Strange and perhaps think about bringing Daredevil back to the big screen (with the Netflix continuity in place of course) I mean if they can get $58 million out of muthafukking ANT-MAN then the sky's the limit

Green Lantern was almost the death of the DCU. Ant-Man probes that's there's life still coursing through the MCU:blessed:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't mean universally beloved like a classic of the genre like say The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2 or Winter Soldier but it's certainly been more well received than lets say Man Of Steel (which I thought got some unfair hate) or both Hulk films (both were boring in my opinion)

What im trying to say is that the good reviews it garnered and fan satisfaction certain,t justified Ant-Man's solo movie existence, plus I feel like it should embolden Marvel to maybe branch out and hopefully get a Mark Rufallo Hulk solo film, put some REAL weight behind the Black Panther solo films and Dr. Strange and perhaps think about bringing Daredevil back to the big screen (with the Netflix continuity in place of course) I mean if they can get $58 million out of muthafukking ANT-MAN then the sky's the limit

Green Lantern was almost the death of the DCU. Ant-Man probes that's there's life still coursing through the MCU:blessed:

Those hulk movies both put me to sleep

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
its fukking ant man :laff:

Wait till Black Panther drops..... shyt gonna be a great movie but do Trainwreck #s.... :russ:

All this laughing and trynna shyt on Antman and all with every things going on with the minor Race War going on in the country.... These whites aint gonna help BP be successful.:pachaha:

BP gonna get one movie and 2 cameos!:mjlol:

Marvel brehs.... and fellow black brehs.... we better prepare ourselves:sas2:

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
Wait till Black Panther drops..... shyt gonna be a great movie but do Trainwreck #s.... :russ:

All this laughing and trynna shyt on Antman and all with every things going on with the minor Race War going on in the country.... These whites aint gonna help BP be successful.:pachaha:

BP gonna get one movie and 2 cameos!:mjlol:

Marvel brehs.... and fellow black brehs.... we better prepare ourselves:sas2:
No way in hell a movie called black panther will sell in this climate

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I'm sure the opening week numbers have been discussed in the Ant Man thread.

I'm kind of shocked it did so low. I expected it to do at least 85 mil because it's an MCU flick. But aside from what people have mentioned, this flick may be part of the MCU, but it's not one you rush to see.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Movie gonna need all the Avengers and Guardians to even get $40m.

:russ:

All these faux Coli militants wont even go full support of steroids. Prolly gonna be calling the actors c00ns and shyt!!:mjlol:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Yup Ricky's dumb ass did indeed.
It's Reggie breh.

Yes it will. All they gotta do is market it right. As long as it recoups its budget and is a good movie then :manny:
I'm sure the opening week numbers have been discussed in the Ant Man thread.

I'm kind of shocked it did so low. I expected it to do at least 85 mil because it's an MCU flick. But aside from what people have mentioned, this flick may be part of the MCU, but it's not one you rush to see.

It's ANT MAN and most people have superhero film fatigue. :manny: I STILL haven't seen Thor 2 and it took word of mouth and it hitting DVD for me to check out Cap 2.

Best thing Antman has going for it is that it's the summer and it's a comedy. That Mexican breh stole the show. :pachaha:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
because nobody ever heard of ant man before the trailer dropped

everything about this movie is begging me to watch once it hits on demand

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
That's a good opening weekend number for a hero as unknown to the public as Ant Man. And it was a solid movie.

Green Lantern, however...that's one of DC's starters. What a disappointment.
but he isn't.

DC starters are:
Worlds finest; superman, batman, wonderwoman.
Their B squad is:
Justice League next tier: GL, Flash, Aquaman
Their C squad is:
Shazam, Martian Man Hunter, Hawkman / girl

ANT-MAN is definitely marvel b squad...he is a founding member of the avengers, has been in stories for decades upon decades, and has been key man for their biggest stories ever...don't try to sell him like "oh he's some sidekick guy" NAH, nice try.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
this is real clever turning ant man into a nobody and GL was on billboards or something so ANY level of success is a huge win.

If I say

Kyle Ratner
Henry Pym
Hal Jordon

nobody knows who ANY of them are outside the comic community, so don't act like he is more or less known than GL