Which rapper had the biggest buzz? X, Pac, Snoop or 50?

Who had the biggest buzz?

• Total voters

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
This is a good question. I don't really remember the hype for Doggystyle but I remember everyone bumping it. The anticipation for All Eyez On Me in 1996 was crazy. I remember older kids skipping school to go buy that album. I remember California Love getting heavy play on MTV and BET and on the radio.

50 Cent's hype was real though. Wanksta was killing it on the radio and the video on BET. When In Da Club hit it was a wrap.

I don't really remember any hype for DMX. :yeshrug:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I'm a Pac Stan but in his very last performance at the House of Blues in July of 96 he was opening up for Snoop
2Pac sold more than Snoop in 94, 95 and 96 combined.

He was the opener because he was a terrible businessman, and he's my all time GOAT.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
Snoop set the bar but i was too young to see it

I aint never seen mania over a rapper like i saw when 50 dropped. nikka had mixtape songs playing on the radio in Texas.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
2Pac sold more than Snoop in 94, 95 and 96 combined.

This is true but you gotta look at all the factors at play here. Snoop had one album on Death Row (which would be his prime)....Pac had the benefit of getting out of jail, which boosted his sales....signing to Death Row, which again, boosted his sales....and then dying, which again boosted his sales.

It sounds fukked up when I type it out like that but :manny: it's the truth. And to be fair, it's 100% possible Pac would've outsold Snoop even without those factors.

Fred.