Which rapper had the biggest buzz? X, Pac, Snoop or 50?

Who had the biggest buzz?

• Total voters

mr x

Superstar
Daps
The only way I see anyone not picking snoop is u not being around when Doggystyle came out.

*shyt Snoop might been the 1st rap artist with a multiplat debut. Excluding Hammer & Vanilla ice

I could be wrong

*I guess Dre, but I think that’s a compilation and besides he was in NWA

What does being first have to do with being the biggest?

And tone loc went dbl plat on his debut.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Its Snoop.

X been out since 93'

Pac really didnt start buzzing till he hit the news.

50 Cent had a spark, but his follow up got fouled up cuz of scary ass Columbia and the Trackmasters.

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
I will admit im a late 90s baby (00s childhood) so i can only go off my research for old hip hop history...

But I honestly can’t fathom snoop being bigger than 50 with the machine of prime Eminem, dre, and jimmy iovine’s marketing money making him an overnight global phenomenon. Not saying snoop was shutting it down when he came out, but 50 had ppl in bulgaria to brazil shouting “you can find me in da club”

50 LITERALLY has the biggest selling debut rap album. How can snoop be bigger when 50 has the record?

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
People are overlooking what the term "buzz" means.

Its your impact when you first arrive on the scene as a artist.

Snoop had the biggest buzz being Dre's protege.

Pac was looked at a revolutionary rapper when he debut in 92, he was famous by 94'.

It took X daam near 5-6 years to make noise after his debut, didnt get noticed till he signed with Def Jam.

50 Cent dropped "Your Lifes on the line", very few outside of NYC was fukking with him on THAT level.

His buzz didnt happen till wanksta.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snoop, but I remember one day while I was hooping at the park, some dude pulled up in a Mustang 5.0 bumping Ambitionz Az A Ridah:wow:.

I wasn't even a Pac fan at the time.Didn't even know he was out of jail, but that record sounded like some larger than life, superhero shyt.

Had me hyped up trying to cross niccaz like Tim Hardaway & attempting finger roll layups like George Gervin.Ran home and told moms

"You gotta get me the new Tupac album!!:damn:"......Answer is Snoop, tho.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
I will admit im a late 90s baby (00s childhood) so i can only go off my research for old hip hop history...

But I honestly can’t fathom snoop being bigger than 50 with the machine of prime Eminem, dre, and jimmy iovine’s marketing money making him an overnight global phenomenon. Not saying snoop was shutting it down when he came out, but 50 had ppl in bulgaria to brazil shouting “you can find me in da club”

50 LITERALLY has the biggest selling debut rap album. How can snoop be bigger when 50 has the record?

trust me

take it from me

believe in what I will tell you

Snoop in 93 was the BIGGEST ever

807,000 first week in 1993 > 872,000 in 2003

its damn near like comparing 93 money value to 2003