Which games have moved you the most in the last 12 years?

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
Directly after RDR 2 I had a monthlong feeling of “is anything worth living if all structures bend on themselves??” Definitely that.

Disco Elysium is very similar to taking a 102 class about humanity and the ending truly “moved” me.
You are an amnesiac cop and have to find a killer and yourself in a world that’s like almost post apacolyptic. You meet crazy old white ppl that chase make believe animals and they spend legit 2 hours telling you about them and it’s very clear they don’t exist and aren’t pertinent to the game. Then about 5 minutes before the game ends you actually encounter one and it tells you that they feel sorrow for humans and the way we live, since it’s doesn’t have things like ego or a sense of history, it never feels anything deep and feels sorry for us that do, “you, with all of creation reflected in your forebrain” You gotta play it.
The arthropods are in silent and meaningless awe of you. Know that we are watching — when you're tired, when the visions spin out of control. The insects will be looking on. Rooting for you. And when you fall we will come to raise you up, bud from you, banner-like, blossom from you and carry you apart in a sky funeral. In honour of your passing.
:dwillhuh::sadcam::wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Games to me that were long-lasting and memorable:

Uncharted 2: That game basically had a vice grip on my gaming time from 2010(April to be exact) when I bought my PS3. Funny how I dismissed UC1 as some corny game only to fall in love with it when I got my own PS3. I must've beaten the story at least 5 times and played the MP for hundreds of hours. It was my FAVORITE MP game and game of the PS3 generation by far.

Persona 4/Golden: The game had me so engrossed to the point where I willingly bought it on the Vita after having already put in 40 hours on the PS2 version through an emulator. The music, the dialogue, the characters and the story were so captivating and new to me because I never really played these slice of life esque JRPGS before so it was like opening a new door to a world I never seen before. I was a fiend for Persona. Persona 3 was alright too but P4G was just magical imo.

Max Payne 3. This game was also another game that was really fukking dope man. The graphics(PC), gameplay and just feel of the game was so incredible that I was so close to saying it's probably Rockstar's best game after GTA SA(barring the sequels).

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I don't think I've felt for a character as much as I did Arthur Morgan who, at some points, didn't even feel like a video game character.

This was so powerful for me, in fact, that even when Arthur died it felt like a real person had died in my life, and I refuse to replay the game at all because of it. :mjcry:

Connor from AC3 is another one. The ending of his story, like Arthur's, really struck a nerve in me although to a slightly lesser extent. :wow:
RDR 2 might be the goat "life" game.. Where you truly get lost, living that man's life. Knowing his thoughts and emotions, going through the thick and thin, just days full of fukking around on the vast land. Coming up in the world. And it all coming to an end. I think games with aging and "time" are the best for storytelling. And rockstar just did it to perfection.

I'm with you. I never picked it up like the first time. I keep trying but it's not the same

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Last of Us part 1
RDR2
GOW on PS4
The Walking Dead :to:
Yakuza 0
Disco Elysium (one of my favorite 2021 underrated games :wow:)
The Witcher 3
Detroit: Become Human

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Xenoblade Chronicles gave me the magic that Chrono Trigger and FF7 had as a kid. I had pretty much given up on JRPGs at that point, but the gameplay was so fluid and being able to swing the camera around and look at those beautiful environments was :wow:

That stretch in 2017 with Yakuza 0, Nier Automata, Horizon, Persona 5 and then BOTW plus the Switch. It was like week after week and each of those games had amazing characters and stories. I was laid off work at that time with an injury and binged through all of them :mjcry:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm with you. I never picked it up like the first time. I keep trying but it's not the same

this happened to me with ME legendary edition…nothing will touch that first run…I tried playing it again and bailed midway thru 2…it was ok but already knowing the story, it just felt like I was running thru a typical video game

DTXwavey_02

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Nier automata, breath of the wild and bloodborne are in my top 3 fosho from the past 12 years. Well I guess could say Pokémon x as well, it got me addicted to Pokémon and I put in wayyy too many hours into it as a kid:pachaha: