Which games have moved you the most in the last 12 years?

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
I don't think I've felt for a character as much as I did Arthur Morgan who, at some points, didn't even feel like a video game character.

This was so powerful for me, in fact, that even when Arthur died it felt like a real person had died in my life, and I refuse to replay the game at all because of it. :mjcry:

Connor from AC3 is another one. The ending of his story, like Arthur's, really struck a nerve in me although to a slightly lesser extent. :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
ForkedCreepyHypacrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Telltale's TWD. I honestly think this was the most a game has ever lingered with me after the closing credits. I genuinely cared for Lee & Clem & it was rough knowing that in the long run, Clem was on borrowed time, too. They were spot on with the vibe from the comics. The protagonist come & go and are merely biding time until their number is called. It's one thing to read it in a comic book or watch it on television. It's something entirely different to play through it. The theme song to this day still evokes the same emotions I felt ten years ago. Hopeful. Somber. Peaceful. Melancholy. Hopeless.

Alien Isolation is my #2. The ending made me reflect on what I'd just been through, and I couldn't wait to experience it again. I was legit tired afterwards but I was obsessed over this game for a while. They nailed it with the ambiance here and that outro song with Ripley after the cliffhanger was next level. This was one of the greatest survival horror games of all time and objectively the best game in the Alien franchise.

Beyond those,

TLOU
Horizon: Zero Dawn
RDR2
Life is Strange (this one hurt.)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Hellblade. I was trying my damnedest to protect Senua during the last fight. I know I had to go down at some point, but I felt if I did Id give up on her. I never felt that attached to character in a video game ever. The whole game I felt like that.

Sekiro is a close second.