Which game is the best: Elden Ring vs Ragnorak vs Forbidden West?

Best game?

• Total voters

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I haven't played FW, but I just beat Elden Ring and played GOWR a couple of months ago. Elden Ring is the winner. Open-world RPGs are my favorite genre, and there's just so much more game with Elden Ring.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I haven't played FW, but I just beat Elden Ring and played GOWR a couple of months ago. Elden Ring is the winner. Open-world RPGs are my favorite genre, and there's just so much more game with Elden Ring.
What makes ER so special and innovative?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What makes ER so special and innovative?
Joy of discovery, souls like difficulty, large scale.

I never played a Souls like game before because I didn’t want to be frustrated by an overly hard game, but I get it now. The high difficulty is part of the fun. I beat every boss except the last one without any co-op help. You’ll die like 50 times on a boss in ER, and when you finally beat it you feel a sense of accomplishment. Then put that in a huge open world game and it’s special.

It’s awesome to also customize your character to play any way you’d like. I played a strength build, but I’m strongly considering a magic build for my second play through (if I ever do that. I have a large backlog, so we’ll see…). People playing magic builds play completely differently that strength builds. You also have many other build types too. It’s super customizable. You want those upgrades to your character as well so you can beat the harder enemies. Like I spent a long time farming runes, just grinding, to be able to upgrade my character’s skills. I dunno, it’s addictive.

GOW is like a child’s game in comparison. You really can’t even compare them.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Joy of discovery, souls like difficulty, large scale.

I never played a Souls like game before because I didn’t want to be frustrated by an overly hard game, but I get it now. The high difficulty is part of the fun. I beat every boss except the last one without any co-op help. You’ll die like 50 times on a boss in ER, and when you finally beat it you feel a sense of accomplishment. Then put that in a huge open world game and it’s special.

It’s awesome to also customize your character to play any way you’d like. I played a strength build, but I’m strongly considering a magic build for my second play through (if I ever do that. I have a large backlog, so we’ll see…). People playing magic builds play completely differently that strength builds. You also have many other build types too. It’s super customizable. You want those upgrades to your character as well so you can beat the harder enemies. Like I spent a long time farming runes, just grinding, to be able to upgrade my character’s skills. I dunno, it’s addictive.

GOW is like a child’s game in comparison. You really can’t even compare them.
Word. I am stuck myself lol. Can’t beat the first boss.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Word. I am stuck myself lol. Can’t beat the first boss.
You’re not really supposed to beat the first boss. Ignore that boss and go into the world. You’ll be able to beat him later when you’re at a higher level. You’ll run into enemies you can’t kill early on, like a horse riding knight right at the beginning. Just run past them and focus in on the easier enemies at the beginning.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
You’re not really supposed to beat the first boss. Ignore that boss and go into the world. You’ll be able to beat him later when you’re at a higher level. You’ll run into enemies you can’t kill early on, like a horse riding knight right at the beginning. Just run past them and focus in on the easier enemies at the beginning.
Where the hell do I find easier enemies? That’s the problem lol.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Run out the castle you’re in. Go up the road a bit and you’ll find human soldiers which are much easier to kill