Which African country would you move to given the chance?

Mtt

Superstar
Daps
Egypt seems really dope but I don’t know how I’d feel living in a mostly Arab-controlled country tho. I could prolly look into some type of investment opportunity or property in Egypt depending on how they’re set up. Cairo seems like a very dope metropolis tho and naturally I’m very keen on Egypt’s ancient history

I’m curious about Morocco too, it seems like one of the more safer countries in North Africa
10 Safest Counties in AFRICA to Visit in 2020 - [GPI Rank]
10 SAFEST COUNTRIES IN AFRICA BY GPI RANK
We have ranked the countries below in terms of their global peace score (Source: Wikipedia) (a lower score indicates more safety). Purely based on peace index, it
10 Safest Counties in AFRICA to Visit in 2020 - [GPI Rank]

Last edited:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was just talking to my sister about this..she and her husband are planning to move to Gambia in a few years..
Ive been in love with Botswana, but I did some research and saw that it's population is low and it's spread out, and many teachers are volunteers at rural schools.

Im sure they have schools in big cities I can work at, but it looks like another nation would be better.

Have you ever been to North Africa? I wouldn't mind living in Egypt. Do they consider themselves African or Arab?

I really dont wanna go to South Africa..dont wanna be around any white people.

And im a special ed teacher, but im sure I can pass a EASL test and teach english..I also help out with the marching band at my school, but idk how they do music classes in Africa
Hey breh, I actually ended up going to Egypt. :pachaha:

Was sitting in a hotel, and it just hit me that I was talking to you whole year ago about this place:ohhh:

@staticshock if you got some time, I can answer any questions you got about the place, based on what I've seen already. Are you still thinking about teaching out here? I'm in Egypt until next Wed EST. So I could probably stop by a school or 2 and ask some questions for you by then.

One thing I've realized, right off the bat, is that you might have a solid market in higher education. The Egyptians have invested a sht ton in their main university. That thing is huuuuuge. Back home in the US it could legit have its own zipcode.:dwillhuh:

I will note tho, that as a black man, I am treated more like how we treat 6ft6 people in the US. We kinda treat tall folks like "oh, wow that's kinda cool. Dont see that every day. Well....back to life. Wonder what we are we having for lunch later today?" :yeshrug:

VS. being treated like , "oh my God, what is that!? Lemme go touch its hair and stare at it. Wonder if I can post him on the gram?":gladbron:

(
Which is how black folk are treated in Asia:beli:)

This hints that they are at least familiar with us and somewhat hospitable.