wheres nintendos black main characters?

Daps
By your logic, cacs have spikey, rainbow color hairs. I guess your 9 year old brain can't distinguish between fantasy and reality . Even I would get offended by stereotypes of these animes if I were a cac. If they represent a black character in a stereotypical manner, your bytch ass will be the first one to complain. You sound like a fakkit feminist who demands Link to be turned into female.

Meanwhile, homies out there literally making anime their religion :russ:

Use a :flabbynsick: rapper as a reference, breh :mjgrin:

:ufdup:negs ready brehs

rep me so I can neg this fakkit

• Dap
Reactions: PS4
Daps
Many anime characters are the same core face on different hair. Likely a time saving maneuver on digital animations because anime cuts corners where ever they can. Furthermore it comes from people with limited to almost no exposure to blacks or any other race outside their native population. In the U.S. blacks are like 13% of the population in Japan they're under 1% last I knew.
Japanese eyes are not large and their noses are not normally narrow

they are white washing regardless

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not every black person looks like Memphis Bleek or Akon. :snoop:

There are a huge variety of "black" people in Africa and around the world.
dfd8be7c80f8f5b952acb6222149ddb6.jpg

tumblr_n0d9klfapx1s57woko3_400.jpg

tumblr_n0d9klfapx1s57woko10_500.jpg

IMG_6484.jpg

4771211119_6c7e89c05e.jpg

blakk-egyptians111.jpg

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Many anime characters are the same core face on different hair. Likely a time saving maneuver on digital animations because anime cuts corners where ever they can. Furthermore it comes from people with limited to almost no exposure to blacks or any other race outside their native population. In the U.S. blacks are like 13% of the population in Japan they're under 1% last I knew.
Which is why I brought up that they don't even draw them with Japanese features. There is an obvious effort to please the European / white man. Your point would make sense if all of their characters had narrow eyes and other Asian features.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which is why I brought up that they don't even draw them with Japanese features. There is an obvious effort to please the European / white man. Your point would make sense if all of their characters had narrow eyes and other Asian features.
Black people make up less than 1% of Japan yet I bet 99% of the Japanese know about Mohammed Ali or Mike Tyson.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Before anime was ever a heavily exported product it was like that though. Before fansubbing took off in the internet age anime was mostly an internal product to Japan outside a few shows and many shows weren't released international. The same facial traits were still present. I think you're reading stuff into this that isn't there. Everything isn't a conspiracy sometimes people are lazy and or cutting corners to save cost.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Black people make up less than 1% of Japan yet I bet 99% of the Japanese know about Mohammed Ali or Mike Tyson.
Beyond that, they want to sell their products to black folks around the world. Really no excuse for them pretending black folks don't exist at this point.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I don't get why people get so defensive and call it race baiting. What is wrong about wanting to see other races get proper representation? I'm not even saying the characters have to black, but can we please get some more diversity in our main characters. Why is it every time I pick up a game the main character is 90% some white guy? (Not complaining to you just thinking out loud)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Beyond that, they want to sell their products to black folks around the world. Really no excuse for them pretending black folks don't exist at this point.
I think it boils down to money. The US economy plays a major role in the global economy. Keeping the US majority happy helps them sell more product.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Before anime was ever a heavily exported product it was like that though. Before fansubbing took off in the internet age anime was mostly an internal product to Japan outside a few shows and many shows weren't released international. The same facial traits were still present. I think you're reading stuff into this that isn't there. Everything isn't a conspiracy sometimes people are lazy and or cutting corners to save cost.
I would imagine it's faster to draw slanted eyes than it is to draw over sized ones. :stopitslime:
I don't buy it. I don't think it's faster to draw a white man than it is to draw a black man.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yeah, but the U.S. consumer is increasingly less "white" and even a lot of white people are calling for more diversity
Exactly. Which is why I think now more than ever we need to call these companies out and speak up. It's time for more races to be represented in important roles.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One thing to note is I think dubs which usually feature white people voices make people see the characters as "White" as opposed to Japanese. I think that's our own internal programming of seeing things that automatically don't look exactly like "black" or "asian" or w/e as White. When I watch/play Japanese games in Japanese with the JP voices/text I see them as "Japanese" and honestly they don't look white to me because I've been to Japan and I've seen mothafukkaz that look just like that.

If I switch to English then it feels like white people because the blond hair, pale skin and color eyes make you default to "white people' if you associate those traits with white folks.

One thing that annoys me is when they constantly make JRPGS/Anime that kind of feel like they're influenced by European Medieval themes. Like take Zelda for example.. Instead of "Hyrule" being some wooden Japanese castle or w/e, it's clearly a european influenced castle with stone built towers and Knights.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I would imagine it's faster to draw slanted eyes than it is to draw over sized ones. :stopitslime:
I don't buy it. I don't think it's faster to draw a white man than it is to draw a black man.
You're being ridiculous. Anime has mostly followed many of same design cues since it's started. Anime style eyes come from Astro Boy not some conspiracy to draw white men. This is an example of people copying someone else's style until it became the norm.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
We aren't going to stop talking about racism just because it makes you uncomfortable.

Your pictures further proved my point. Each of those characters are all "white" (European)in their features and are only painted brown. Those cartoons were drawn by Japanese people, with features that would please white men. They didn't even bother drawing them with Asian features. If you don't see how all forms of media have been white washed you're choosing to be blind. Picking out token characters doesn't help your argument.

lmao post some white people with triangular faces

you're the one with the problem not japanese people

none of those are european features