Where were Kobe's parents?

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She was able to marry Kobe with no prenup of course she's been able to manipulate Kobe.

Haven't people said that about her for years?

Yep and that was the rumored grounds of the marriage arranged by Vanessa's mom.

I know on one gossip site that I won't mention on here they had a rumor that Kobe would buy a car for Vanessa's cousin or brother and that fool would wreck the car. Kobe would have to turn around and buy that dude another car because Vanessa mom wanted him to do it.

I hope none of this shyt is true. But some times the truth is stranger than fiction.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I heard vanessa parents made sure kobe married vanessa :mjpls:

There's a reason for no pre nup:mjpls:

Yep same here and then when Vanessa wanted to divorce Kobe her mom or family was like man you trying to fukk up our meal ticket...:ufdup:you better go fix that marriage and enjoy it.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not every legend has done this. This is the Kobe mantra, not the general 'legend mantra'
uhh yes they did. all of them.

magic got aids cause ..... Thank you very much. magic didnt have time for his family. the moment you step out on your wife multiple times its because you're not paying your fam enough attention. you know why? because its Difficult to be a full time father, full time husband and also a 5+ time champion. its hard to do that. your mind is not on the kids and your wife. you have to concentrate too hard and work to many hours to get that good to even have enough time to be a real pops and real husband. ask any of them during their playing days if thats true. that goes for anyone thats that ULTRA successful putting in super work hours to get there. there's a reason these greats have shaky marriages/home lives. again ALL OF THEM.

Jordan and Mrs jordan divorced cause?....thank you very much.. jordan is an A-1 A-hole. everyone knows it.

kareem-- we know what people think about him. great mind, etc. still. couldnt keep his fam together. i know his sons personally. stop it.

do you know why shaq was loved so much? because he would spend lots of time goofing around with the guys being friends with people instead of getting and staying in great shape all season/all off season long. shaq stated "i'll do the surgery on company time." dont be mad at shaq. shaq did that because he made a choice. he wanted to be just one of the greats.. not the greatest. there's a difference. shaq wasnt willing to completely trade his entire life in for hoop like that. but still winning like he won means hours you have to work means sorry fam. cant be there like i need to be.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Kobe barely has a high school education " wtf :mindblown: Kobe is one of the smartest people in the league and you act like having some useless college degree makes you smarter. Kobe speaks 5 languages but barely has a high school education... :mjlol:

Smart people can make stupid decisions when swayed by emotion or bias. Kobe might be smart but that doesn't preclude him from making stuupid decisions. Further education gives a man experience with other highly educated people and broadens his exposure to highly educated women. Kobe never had that luxury. In spite of his intellect Kobe never spent any voluminous amount of time with such people as a youth. This is partly why he might have been so open to dating a bottom dweller like Vanessa. His conceited sense of self explains the rest:

"Four days after Vanessa and Kobe announced their engagement at her 18th birthday party, court records show, the Laines signed bankruptcy papers. "Here I am, going bankrupt," said Laine, "and my daughter's marrying Kobe Bryant."

Bryant's father's qualms about the marriage have been well-reported. Kobe had come to the NBA from high school. Like Vanessa, he held himself apart from peers who misunderstood his discomfort and accused him of snobbery. Like her, he limited close relationships to family."

Bryant would later say he became estranged too, from his family, who had first lived with him, then next-door to him. In recent months, Bryant and his father have said they are reconciled and in frequent contact. But after his marriage, Bryant's parents moved back to Philadelphia; for more than two years, he and his father said, they scarcely communicated.

^

It appears Kobe always kept his family at a distance and thought he was better than everyone else because he spoke Italian. He had special snowflake c00n syndrome, which manifested itself again in the Trayvon incident. Remember? Given the evidence, maybe it's not so much Vanessa's mother manipulates Kobe, but that he allows them to manipulate him because he doesn't care enough about his real family. He sounds like a psychopath.

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
uhh yes they did. all of them.

magic got aids cause ..... Thank you very much. magic didnt have time for his family. the moment you step out on your wife multiple times its because you're not paying your fam enough attention. you know why? because its Difficult to be a full time father, full time husband and also a 5+ time champion. its hard to do that. your mind is not on the kids and your wife. you have to concentrate too hard and work to many hours to get that good to even have enough time to be a real pops and real husband. ask any of them during their playing days if thats true. that goes for anyone thats that ULTRA successful putting in super work hours to get there. there's a reason these greats have shaky marriages/home lives. again ALL OF THEM.

Jordan and Mrs jordan divorced cause?....thank you very much.. jordan is an A-1 A-hole. everyone knows it.

kareem-- we know what people think about him. great mind, etc. still. couldnt keep his fam together. i know his sons personally. stop it.

do you know why shaq was loved so much? because he would spend lots of time goofing around with the guys being friends with people instead of getting and staying in great shape all season/all off season long. shaq stated "i'll do the surgery on company time." dont be mad at shaq. shaq did that because he made a choice. he wanted to be just one of the greats.. not the greatest. there's a difference. shaq wasnt willing to completely trade his entire life in for hoop like that. but still winning like he won means hours you have to work means sorry fam. cant be there like i need to be.
I get the gist of what you're saying but these dudes still had friends and family though breh.. Kobe was the extreme type to took it overboard whether for good or bad. Jordan still had his brothers, his pops(when alive), family, teammates, etc. Magic had friends and family plus threw some of the biggest parties in LA and made sure people were gettin' their f*ck on. Kareem had his family and friends, etc. Kobe didn't f*ck with NOBODY!! Stop it!

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Selling an estranged son's possessions is wrong by most siblings' estimations but looking at the evidence Kobe brought it on himself by estranging his parents in the first place.

March 05, 2005|By SHAWN HUBLER Los Angeles Times

Vanessa Laine Was Just Another Sheltered Orange County Teen -- Then She Fell In Love With A Phenomenon

"Bryant would later say he became estranged too, from his family, who had first lived with him, then next-door to him. In recent months, Bryant and his father have said they are reconciled and in frequent contact. But after his marriage, Bryant's parents moved back to Philadelphia; for more than two years, he and his father said, they scarcely communicated.

When his high school retired Bryant's jersey, his parents and his wife sat apart. In 2003, a few months before the Colorado incident, Bryant said the rift had been over his marriage."

Vanessa Laine Was Just Another Sheltered Orange County Teen -- Then She Fell In Love With A Phenomenon

@rapbeats

This is the final proof that Kobe's marriage to the Mexican ruined the relationship with his family forever. Kobe's mom was only giving Kobe a hard time after the fact in 2013 because he basically chose a broke Mexican thot over his family.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Selling an estranged son's possessions is wrong by most siblings' estimations but looking at the evidence Kobe brought it on himself by estranging his parents in the first place.

"Bryant would later say he became estranged too, from his family, who had first lived with him, then next-door to him. In recent months, Bryant and his father have said they are reconciled and in frequent contact. But after his marriage, Bryant's parents moved back to Philadelphia; for more than two years, he and his father said, they scarcely communicated."

@rapbeats

Doesn't change the fact his sisters are on his side. A parent isn't always right. Pimping your child ain't hot... Word to Gary Coleman :rip:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't change the fact his sisters are on his side. A parent isn't always right. Pimping your child ain't hot... Word to Gary Coleman :rip:

If Kobe hadn't married the Mexican thot his mom likely would never try to sell his posessions as their relationship would be better. Kobe chose his thot Mexican wife over his family in 2001. Ever since his marriage to Vanessa, by Kobe's own admission, his relationship with his parents has suffered. In other words, Kobe's c00nery caused his parents to hate him. Despite what you say his sisters didn't show up at his last game either. Nobody in his family appears to like him. It's his fault.

:yeshrug:

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
Sure she was wrong for doing what she did, but there is no excuse for a child to behave any other way than respectful with his/her mother. We can disagree.
What an idiotic narrative you're trying to push

I don't care who you are, treat me with respect and I'll do the same otherwise there will be a problem. I don't give a fuk who you are

That's the problem with a lot of black parents out there. They feel like they should be Teflon because they had children and I know way too many brothas and sistas who no longer talk to their parents because they tried to walk all over their kids as adults and they weren't going for it