Where were Kobe's parents?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Selling an estranged son's possessions is wrong by most siblings' estimations but looking at the evidence Kobe brought it on himself by estranging his parents in the first place.

March 05, 2005|By SHAWN HUBLER Los Angeles Times

Vanessa Laine Was Just Another Sheltered Orange County Teen -- Then She Fell In Love With A Phenomenon

"Bryant would later say he became estranged too, from his family, who had first lived with him, then next-door to him. In recent months, Bryant and his father have said they are reconciled and in frequent contact. But after his marriage, Bryant's parents moved back to Philadelphia; for more than two years, he and his father said, they scarcely communicated.

When his high school retired Bryant's jersey, his parents and his wife sat apart. In 2003, a few months before the Colorado incident, Bryant said the rift had been over his marriage."

Vanessa Laine Was Just Another Sheltered Orange County Teen -- Then She Fell In Love With A Phenomenon

@rapbeats

This is the final proof that Kobe's marriage to the Mexican ruined the relationship with his family forever. Kobe's mom was only giving Kobe a hard time after the fact in 2013 because he basically chose a broke Mexican thot over his family.

every parent aint gonna like who you are seeing. they needed to get over it. And whether his parents like it or not, he has two daughters who I'm sure would like to spend time with their dad's parents.

Okay, he married a mexican thot in their eyes. It's been over a decade. Get over it. But females are like that. And bytch nikkaz too. Gotta move on fam. At least they are still together for what it's worth.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Was talking to my girl about this and she made an interesting point; although Kobe paid for the house, technically it was Vanessa who bought her mom that mansion. That was a gift she felt like she wanted to give to her mother. Kobe picked his moms house. Vanessa later picks her mom a house. Kobe's mother then comes back and demands equal or better. Even if I was gonna do something like that for my mother, the fact that she demanded it would make me not do it cause how dare she...

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I cant see why Kobe wouldn't want a relationship with his peeps unless they gave him some type of ultimatum or something. You have to have either suffered some kind of abuse or are just straight up fukked up in the head if you cant have some type of contact with your birth parents who gave you an excellent life from birth. Though their are two sides to the story I find it hard not to blame Kobe a lot just looking from the outside. Yeah they shouldn't have sold his shyt but that's your MAMA , the only one you will ever get and you have to take care of her above all.

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
Dont know how many of yall in here are married...

But in 90% of most marriages, moms never like their sons wife's for whatever reasons. And i dont that beef started when he married Vannessa.

The real issue here is the mom was tryinna make a quick buck off the Kobe as proven in court by the sisters etc

A parent shouldnt act that way. that shyt was just foul brehs. And Jelly Bean should have been a man and stepped in to fix that shyt fast!

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
What an idiotic narrative you're trying to push

I don't care who you are, treat me with respect and I'll do the same otherwise there will be a problem. I don't give a fuk who you are

That's the problem with a lot of black parents out there. They feel like they should be Teflon because they had children and I know way too many brothas and sistas who no longer talk to their parents because they tried to walk all over their kids as adults and they weren't going for it

Your way of thinking and the bolded are exactly what has destroyed the black community, and the American family in general. Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourself. Have fun when you think you're a good parent and your child still disrespects you and stops talking to you because in their mind you are "walking all over them".

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jelly Bean go to work every day! he ain't coaching in the WNBA for free...his retirement will be straight w/o kobe. and if jelly bean's retirement gets murky i'm sure kobe has some money set aside for his folks medical expenses or if they fall on hard times. You don't have to look after someone that is making money daily!

Vanessa fam ain't have nothing or the ability to make much of anything....Jelly Bean is still out there making money.

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
Your way of thinking and the bolded are exactly what has destroyed the black community, and the American family in general. Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourself. Have fun when you think you're a good parent and your child still disrespects you and stops talking to you because in their mind you are "walking all over them".
I'll treat my child with love and respect and expect the same in return unlike a certain portion of black parents so this won't be an issue for me