Where the hell do Filipinos get all that soul?

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I mean on a socio-cultural level, what is the story behind it. I've never been around any to actually find out, but when it comes to Asians... they are undoubtedly the most soulful. For example:

I can't say for a fact that dude is Filipino but he's gotta be. They're the only ones that sing like that. I can't find the examples I really wanna share but yall know what I'm talking about.... what is that??? :dwillhuh:

Breh is from Indonesia tho.

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
"National Geographic in 2008–2009, found that the Philippines is made up of around 53% Southeast Asia and Oceania, 36% East Asian, 5% European, 3% South Asian and 2% Native American genes."

They hardly have Spanish blood. Being forced to change your name doesn't automatically make you a Spaniard.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
So this news junkie (me) was getting my early morning fix reading about someone getting murked in Cincinnati when this Philly weekend TV news anchor appeared on my timeline. :laugh:

Marella Porter
News personality

Filipina🇵🇭 ✨
📍Cincinnati
🎥 weekend anchor @local12wkrc
ON A LIVING SPREE 🩷​

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
They're just mimicking people with soul.

If this thread was filled with videos showcasing filipinos with soul, the elephant in the room would be the singers covering Black American artists are incorporating their styles and musical cues, (see flourishes and runs)

:francis:

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
A-BLACK-WOMAN-AND-CHILDREN-IN-THE-PHILIPPINES.jpg

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
yeah every samoan i've met has been cool as fukk

filipinos are cool for the most part. some of the females are wayyy too white worshipping for my tastes and i've met some :mjpls:filipino dudes. Nothing crazy but if they hang around whites for too long they get "influenced" if u feel me

I think it comes down to the area in which these people reside. If they grew up in a diverse environment or a large Black populated
area, then they will take on certain social traits. You got Asians and Pacific Islanders who are cool and you have some who are some time-y..

It simply boils down to how the person carries him/herself. What they are is what they are! I'm more interested in WHO the person is!