Where did the Power Rangers go wrong???

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the space one... I hated Turbo but I loved the finale leading all the way up to the space one's finale.

I thought the show was over once Zordon died since his energy erased all evil then a couple months later a new season popped up.

I didn't even know about this anniversary season... which Rangers gonna show up?

Zedd was the GOAT Rangers villain until they watered him down and turned him into a b*tch as soon as the machine dude showed up and ran him out his castle

and I see a lot of responses saying we grew up, which is true.. but us growing up had nothing to do with the show gettin' wacker... I'm just tryna figure out when exactly the majority feels is where they fell off... I see a lot saying they liked the Space one and that was 1998 and Mighty Morphin was 1993... yet there's people who hated Zeo and Turbo... so somewhere within that 5 years was the point in time we all just looked at it like :what:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
yea, we just got old.

At some point early on the producers basically said fukka progressive 90210 drama where the actors would be the true 'stars' (and grow with the OG audience).. and decided to stick with putting out the easiest (cheapest) product with revolving cast members off the hunch that little kids generation after generation would support it and buy the toys regardless of the plot and characters... hence making the actors themselves the equivalent of them nike sweatshop workers: treat em like shyt, pay em like shyt, if they still wanna stick around, cool but if they ever get outta line with their role or importance? bushes.

So the very first time shyt went sour, i.e. when the actors who played Jason Zack and Trini came to the producers talkin about how their pay was bullshyt given the profit being made off of them working a shytload of days and hours out of the week. The producers hit em with that :mjpls: and wrote them off the show. After that happened and the producers hunch was proven right that “yea... we still ballin off these ratings and toy sales”… it was a wrap.

I think that shyt kinda set the precedent for the rest of the OG cast (shut up and take this pay) as well as future actors (<-using that term generously) coming on board who would just be happy to be there gettin a check.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Turbo had the GOAT finale though. Every season had the Rangers winning, and then Divatox came in and crushed buildings:mindblown:. No one saw that shyt coming back then.

Power Rangers has been :flabbynsick: since Disney bought it from Saban.

People hated that because Divatox was such a weak villain.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
All I know is around the mid 90's, TGIF, SNICK, teen dramas, regular dramas etc were what I was watching. Power Rangers was in the bushes to me and most my friends by that time. Pretty much by 4th or 5th grade or after the first movie (not sure which came first) nikkas was off that. DBZ was popping around that time too...Toonami in general.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
if you never watched time force...you lost. probably one of the most mature and well done season since in Space.
Time Force was probably the best acted too. In Space was so good because the creators were expecting the show to get cancelled so they made it into a Space Opera with adults, not teenagers and it actually payed attention to canon. The results was :wow: Lost Galaxy decent job of keeping shyt together but Lightspeed was too gay. Time Force broke the mold by having the Pink Ranger be the leader and forcing the Red Ranger to earn his leadership among other mature things. After that, PR got real kiddie and progressively gayer to appeal to kids.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
It didn't go wrong, we just grew up. :skip:

:ahh: at being at 90s kid.

Right. Kids still love that shyt. They toys still flying off the shelf. They didn't go wrong. It was a goofy ass show that has no appeal to anybody beyond the age of karate playfights and action figures. The show isn't for you anymore.