When You Kill Ten Million Africans You Aren’t Called ‘Hitler’

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Let's not forget that many of the tactics Nazis used on the Jews in Europe were practiced in German East Africa and the Congo. Europeans used Africans as guinea pigs for their theories on genetic engineering, modification, and breeding. Millions more than you every thought have died

And slaves in the American colonies. Nazis basically blamed Americans such as Marion Sims (the father of gynecology who bought black female slaves for the sole purpose of experimenting on them) during the Nuremberg trials.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
serious question

who has defended leopold as a product of his time?

it doesn't get as much attention as it should. i can guarantee that if there were a significant congolese population with economic and thus political clout, it would be widely known in europe and north america. it's a piece of structural violence against those of african descent in the west. but that's not the same as writing him off. there are many dictators that have destroyed other ethnic groups you're not aware of, i'm sure it's not because you don't see asians and latinos as inferior to your own group.
?
I was speaking in general, not just this particular case. Because I've heard this "product of their time" dismissal many times whenever people want to brush off mistreatment of black people throughout the years.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I was speaking in general, not just this particular case. Because I've heard this "product of their time" dismissal many times whenever people want to brush off mistreatment of black people throughout the years.
it's both valid and invalid to say that about anyone, depending on how profound or reconciliatory one wants to be

but you still didnt answer my question :francis:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
What was your question?
who has defended leopold as a product of his time

i guess i should qualify, im sure some belgian idiot has done this, especially before the 1980s

but for constructive discussion's sake, can you find someone credible who's written him off as a product of his time?

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
who has defended leopold as a product of his time

i guess i should qualify, im sure some belgian idiot has done this, especially before the 1980s

but for constructive discussion's sake, can you find someone credible who's written him off as a product of his time?
I was speaking in general. I've heard it in reference to the founding fathers, American presidents, Slaver owners, etc.