When Will The Backlash Against Baldur's Gate 3 Begin?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
as you all know, everything that is popular & successful eventually becomes hated and "overrated". it's the law of nature of whatever: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" :sas1:

so contrarians will pop up soon saying BG3 was never good to begin with. how soon do you think that'll be from now? :jbhmm:

I have a feeling once it hits PS5 is when folks will really turn on it, once console gamers realize it's not Dragon Age but a highly traditional CRPG :pachaha:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as you all know, everything that is popular & successful eventually becomes hated and "overrated". it's the law of nature of whatever: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" :sas1:

so contrarians will pop up soon saying BG3 was never good to begin with. how soon do you think that'll be from now? :jbhmm:

I have a feeling once it hits PS5 is when folks will really turn on it, once console gamers realize it's not Dragon Age but a highly traditional CRPG :pachaha:
:jbhmm: I dont think it that traditional of a CRPG seeing how it turn base rather than rtwp if any thing console gamers wil have a easyer time with it compare to the pathfinder games or the pillar of eternity games.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Tbh it should only be on PC. But that's just me.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I just can’t with turn based combat :francis:
It's crazy how there's no middle ground with turn based combat. Like I personally love the shyt and think of turn based strategy games as modern chess matches with even more layers and possible outcomes. It's truly a thinking man's style of game and I can spend an hour on just one level plottin tryna make sure none of my nikkas die and I can capture all the loot n shyt (I have XCOM2 in mind)

But there's also many many people that think just like you who can't stand the shyt lol. I haven't ran into anybody who's ever been like ehh it's alright. You either love it or hate it.

Is BG3 like Wasteland/XCOM/Mutant Year Zero? I see PoE comparisons which is concerning because that kinda game can be a bit overwhelming. Type of game that demands too much of your attention, can only play that one game kinda shyt but fukk all that I always gotta find time to play some PUBG no matter what else I get into on the side

all the people that think Dungeons n Dragons is some nerd shyt gonna be salty when they realize that this game is some Dungeons n Dragons nerd shyt.

Nerd shyt done right is okay it just depends on how it's done. For instance I've put crazy hours into slay the spire, and my boys always clown when they see me on that nerd ass shyt. I also loved Child Of Light, Witcher 3, Divinity was cool (just overwhelming like PoE).

It's just games that go full loser I can't get behind like the Tales Of series, Diablo (I thought I loved the shyt when I first played DIII, but the gameplay loop gets old too fast), these final fantasy games (I've been forcing myself to play FF7R on PS5 but I just don't like it brehs).

Just not sure what exactly "dungeons n dragons shyt" entails.

Last edited: