I think the easier way to look at this is:

Imagine if Jordan was 6'8 and 250 pounds? And imagine if Lebron was 6'6

Yeah, I thought so.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Lets be honest....there are always going to be a lot of people that will never accept the possibility of someone surpassing Jordan. Jordan is the biggest/most popular athlete of all time. His prime was absurd. The 90's decade creates more internet nostalgia than any other era combined.

Then again, I doubt any one ever expected a 6'8 270 pound player with Jordan's athleticism and Magic's passing ability either.

There's no shame in admitting Lebron could become the best ever. He sure as hell has the talent.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Carné Asada;4412796 said:
I think the easier way to look at this is:

Imagine if Jordan was 6'8 and 250 pounds? And imagine if Lebron was 6'6

Yeah, I thought so.

Is that an argument for Jordan or Lebron?

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's better than all those guys clearly, except for Jordan and Kareem. You can make an argument for those two. And rings do not make you superior. And if you think it does, you're insane.

Wade has 2 rings, he better than Oscar Robertson?

no he's not. The object of the game is to win And from a career standpoint, he hasnt dont that more consistently than Kobe, Bird, Magic, Kareem, Jordan, or Duncan. Get over it. Theyve had better careers period. If that wasnt the case Bron would never went to Miami. Youre out of your mind if you think a 1 ring LeBron is comparable to any of those cats career wise.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Lebron is better at shooting range and he is much better defender. You don't have to hide Lebron and put Pippen on the best offensive player. Lebron is a great defender from 1-4 and can spot defend at center. MJ could only guard three positions. :blessed: the King
:childplease:

Pippen was a better defender, but it wasnt hiding. It was because Jordan was needed on offense.

And Lebron was having problems with David West against Indiana and he cannot guard point guards. Jordan is a better on the ball defender than Bron.
Finally, someone arguing something I said. I could give you Jordan slightly better defensively but the margin isn't anything significant. Lebron can completely shutdown almost anyone.
Its not slim, imo. JOrdan could guard 1-3 better than Lebron can. Lebron is not in the on the ball defending class of a Jordan. People trying to force that.

In saying that, Bron could def be better than Jordan. Lets let this all play out tho. And no, Bron doesnt have to win 6 rings to show that for me.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets be honest....there are always going to be a lot of people that will never accept the possibility of someone surpassing Jordan. Jordan is the biggest/most popular athlete of all time. His prime was absurd. The 90's decade creates more internet nostalgia than any other era combined.

Then again, I doubt any one ever expected a 6'8 270 pound player with Jordan's athleticism and Magic's passing ability either.

There's no shame in admitting Lebron could become the best ever. He sure as hell has the talent.
doesnt have the mental make-up, plenty of players had the talent. shyt TMac couldve been the goat. Keyword couldve as in its not reality.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
doesnt have the mental make-up, plenty of players had the talent. shyt TMac couldve been the goat. Keyword couldve as in its not reality.

What was Jordan's "mental makeup" pre 28 years old?

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
media and sheep will never recognize it unless lebron gets 7 rings which I dont see but maybe if Riley can completely blow up the big 3 but keep lebron and get players that arent soft (Bosh) or injury prone (Wade) but I digress...smart people that think for themselves will know bron is better.

The new dude in sports will always be better then the old dude at some point. Kobe was close but not enough, Lebron is better.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:childplease:

Pippen was a better defender, but it wasnt hiding. It was because Jordan was needed on offense.

And Lebron was having problems with David West against Indiana and he cannot guard point guards. Jordan is a better on the ball defender than Bron.

Its not slim, imo. JOrdan could guard 1-3 better than Lebron can. Lebron is not in the on the ball defending class of a Jordan. People trying to force that.

In saying that, Bron could def be better than Jordan. Lets let this all play out tho. And no, Bron doesnt have to win 6 rings to show that for me.

:bryan: MJ used to get raped by Drexler, Magic, Richmond and even Miller broke that nikka off. Quit living in fantasy land.

Lebron James run MJ ask Zo and Pippen.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
MJ fans are the worst. Lebron is a much better defender. Plus defender at every position and can guard 1-4.

MJ fan, nope, MJ was better and Lebron struggled at times with XnX so MJ is better?

Really dawg. MJ logic for the win. Never use logic, just blatant ignorance and then you think you right as well. This is like those white supremacy dudes who are completely foolish.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
no he's not. The object of the game is to win And from a career standpoint, he hasnt dont that more consistently than Kobe, Bird, Magic, Kareem, Jordan, or Duncan. Get over it. Theyve had better careers period. If that wasnt the case Bron would never went to Miami. Youre out of your mind if you think a 1 ring LeBron is comparable to any of those cats career wise.

Lebron has 4 MVPs. More than all of them besides Kareem and Jordan. How are their careers better, as individual players? They played on WAAAY better teams than Lebron. Of course they have more rings. Lebron has had a good supporting cast 3 seasons and all three years he's been in the finals.

Give Lebron, Pippen and Rodman

Give Lebron all those hall of famers on the Lakers and Celtics...etc.

Like, that's not a fair argument.

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
its an understandable comparison, I think what gives Jordan an edge in being looked favorable in these type of discussion is the amount of elite players active during his run well obviously his impact plays a part as well.