Votes: 7 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
I just told you it was a conglomerate of bullshyt and luck, just as it was again that allowed Golden State to skate by Houston.

LeBron overcame not just the 73-win "best team ever" on their homecourt, but hes the only man to beat The Agenda :wow: That alone is GOAT status
Youre saying a whole lotta nothing... My point is that the Warriors were never seen as the guaranteed Finals champions until after KD came. The original trio of Steph, Klay and Draymond was considered a RIVALRY with Cleveland not a automatic win for Golden State.

Doc Rivers after the Warriors won the chip in 2014

“You need luck in the West,” Rivers recently told Zach Lowe of Grantland.com. “Look at Golden State. They didn’t have to play us or the Spurs. But that’s also a lesson for us: When you have a chance to close, you have to do it.”

Here is a direct quote from Steph in october 2015 before the beginning of the 2015-2016 season (the 73 win season)

“I apologize for us being healthy, I apologize for us playing who was in front of us. I apologize for all the accolades we received as a team and individually. I’m very, truly sorry, and we’ll rectify that situation this year,”
Steph Curry apologizes for his team being healthy and winning the title

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
This is actually a complete lie and im not sure how yall keep getting away with repeating this... The narrative during the 2016 season was that the Warriors only won in 2015 because Love and Kyrie were injured.
Part of the reason the Warriors went all out during the regular season to win 73 was to prove a point because they had a chip on their shoulders since everybody was saying they got lucky. I forgot what the quote was but even Doc Rivers was taking shots :heh:
Going into the 2016 Finals the Warriors were favored to win but it wasnt viewed as David vs Goliath until after the first couple of games were played and the Warriors built that 3-1 lead. Even after Cleveland won the series the narrative wasnt Lebron passing MJ.. People were saying the Warriors lost because they finally faced a HEALTHY Cavs team. The narrative was always LUCK and HEALTH not Lebrons legacy.
Should we pull the posts for you?

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
Should we pull the posts for you?

Your turn.

Are the Warriors still "paper champions" and a team who got lucky?
Why doesn't anyone bring up that the Warriors won their title in 2015 against injured teams?
Steph Curry: It's Funny Warriors Aren't The Title Favorites
Killah Klay throwing them shots back at Doc
Come on steph lets not be silly now :francis: you know damn well why y'all not the favs.

Just imagine if John Wall won a chip and he never had to face derrick rose, jimmy butler then jeff teague and then lebron and kyrie.....then went to the finals against the rockets and never faced James harden or Pat Bev.

You tryna tell me the next year was would be fav to win it all :rudy:

Just enjoy your ring and ya beautiful family

A healthy Cavs team with 1 year of team chemistry under it's belt>>>>> Warriors. Warriors were lucky they played in the most injury ridden playoffs ever
He's flabbergasted on how a healthy team are the title favorites.
by beating injured team that lost it's top two out of three options :heh:

if the 90s bulls lost a title due to losing pippen and rodman with jordan trying to leading the way no one would give the winners props like that.

:martin:

Such a forgettable cast of characters...I somehow hadn't even thought about the NBA champs since free agency started...

Maybe they can get lucky and never play a starting calibur point guard all through the playoffs again...

We all know they got lucky. No way was they beating the Spurs. You're welcome @Blackthoughts. :mjpls:
:patrice: We'll see about these Warriors. I'm just not sold yet...

hqdefault.jpg
Golden State might be the least respected Champions of all time.

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Steph a lock for FMVP this time. He doesn't have to work for anything this time around.