When Memphis Comes to Japan

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
I usually hate world music.
why? you're a self professed artist. observing and maybe even absorbing art from other cultures is one of the most beneficial experiences an artist can.. well.. experience. what about when de la soul put those two japanese cats on 'long island wildin'? personally i hate self identified "world music" as in peter gabriel (see the last temptation of christ for more of this aural holocaust) but music from other countries is fascinating.

as a small example there is 'luk thung' music from thailand where they reinterpret western music in the scope of their own experiences. this first song reinterprets black sabbath, for example

i find as i get older :flabbynsick: i have to challenge myself to find interesting new art... but its out there if you look

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
why? you're a self professed artist. observing and maybe even absorbing art from other cultures is one of the most beneficial experiences an artist can.. well.. experience. what about when de la soul put those two japanese cats on 'long island wildin'? personally i hate self identified "world music" as in peter gabriel (see the last temptation of christ for more of this aural holocaust) but music from other countries is fascinating.

as a small example there is 'luk thung' music from thailand where they reinterpret western music in the scope of their own experiences. this first song reinterprets black sabbath, for example

i find as i get older :flabbynsick: i have to challenge myself to find interesting new art... but its out there if you look

Y'all are the only people that can get me to like pop world music.
then again, i hate pop music for the most part.

so most of those world music artist are so commercial pop.
i find them oftputting.

the world music stuff people post on thecoli.com and try to diss.
i usually like.

example.

morrison is probably my most listened to artist since i saw the link to him posted here.

enemies still go so hard.

probably my favorite single song in a long time.

art barr

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps

147.gif

"............................................."