The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
LMFAO @ 0:39. :dead:

DXVWMLX.png

:deadrose: I love this place manlmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Zime

Superstar
Daps
First heard about him from this Vice documentary 10 years ago

I didn’t even know they had Japanese rappers until I saw this

These songs still bang

Last edited:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Like, shocking similar to the next person, in mannerisms, dress code, the way they speak, etc. The ones that try to stick out do things like this to distinguish themselves from the rest of Japanese people, because their culture is so homogenous.

In fact, I find it's much easier to date the females of that group because they LOVE US.

What I'm saying is I don't want no Americanized Japanese woman.
@Th3Birdman has a point. @Ezekiel 25:17 , you may not have a choice in the matter. :patrice:

Once you actually land on the ground in Japan, there are an insane amount of social norms that (non prostitute) Japanese women adhere to strongly. These homogeneous norms will hinder you like a pick axe in your foot ; whether you are seeking an extended romance, or a one night fling after leaving a lounge.

What do I mean here?

To the extent that you can meet and vibe and she instantly bounces cause you didn't say ABC thing that only Japanese dudes know or you didn't notice the sudden nuance when she nodded and smiled when you suggested something but was extremely against it.Even if you are fluent in the language, this can be a deal breaker for most western dudes.

It's hard to describe but, picture the most passive aggressive , bottled-in-emotions, type of American woman. A Japanese woman has this as her default setting called "tatemae". It's devilishly difficult to pull them out of this mindset.

The gaijin hunter or black chasing women will be some of the only women in Japan to meet you halfway. They will actually tell you when they are mad, sad, aroused, disgusted, happy ,etc. Only this type of Japanese woman will make an attempt at empathy towards your non Japanese status, cause she has studied your people and has an idea of sticking out cause she is one of the heterogenous folks in a homogenous country. It's only this type of Japanese woman that will appreciate you as a black man .

Possible solution for you?

Alternatively, if you want a 1000% authentic Japanese woman, you could try your luck at the more desperate varieties of Japanese women that have no choice but to meet you half way. I think most colimembers are too old for this, but one example for younger brehs would be Japanese exchange college students inside America (or other western countries). The exchange students are basically alone in a foreign country and are alienated from the vast majority of westerners. You are like a lighthouse in her dark night. (And a free English teacher) :russ:

Alternatively, you could find an actual Japanese woman in japan that is in her 40s. This kind of authentic Japanese woman would also meet you halfway; but she wants you to deliver her babies immediately. :pachaha:

Outside of these two classes of Japanese women; you will be forced to go for the Americanized ones.

Last edited:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
@Th3Birdman has a point. @Ezekiel 25:17 , you may not have a choice in the matter. :patrice:

Once you actually land on the ground in Japan, there are an insane amount of social norms that (non prostitute) Japanese women adhere to strongly. These homogeneous norms will hinder you like a pick axe in your foot ; whether you are seeking an extended romance, or a one night fling after leaving a lounge.

What do I mean here?

Even if you are fluent in the language, this can be a deal breaker for most western dudes. To the extent that you can meet and vibe and she instantly bounces cause you didn't say ABC thing that only Japanese dudes know or you didn't notice the sudden nuance when she nodded and smiled when you suggested something but was extremely against it.

It's hard to describe but, picture the most passive aggressive , bottled-in-emotions, type of American woman. A Japanese woman has this as her default setting called "tatemae". It's devilishly difficult to pull them out of this mindset.

The gaijin hunter or black chasing women will be some of the only women in Japan to meet you halfway. They will actually tell you when they are mad, sad, aroused, disgusted, happy ,etc. Only this type of Japanese woman will make an attempt at empathy towards your non Japanese status, cause she has studied your people and has an idea of sticking out cause she is one of the heterogenous folks in a honegenous country. It's only this type of Japanese woman that will appreciate you as a black man .

Possible solution for you?

Alternatively, if you want a 1000% authentic Japanese woman, you could try your luck at the more desperate varieties of Japanese women that have no choice but to meet you half way. I think most colimembers are too old for this, but one example for younger brehs would be Japanese exchange college students inside America (or other western countries). The exchange students are basically alone in a foreign country and are alienated from the vast majority of westerners. You are like a lighthouse in her dark night. (And a free English teacher) :russ:

Alternatively, you could find an actual Japanese woman in japan that is in her 40s. This kind of authentic Japanese woman would also meet you halfway; but she wants you to deliver her babies immediately. :pachaha:

Outside of these two classes of Japanese women; you will be forced to go for the Americanized ones.

Brother Copious stays cooking, as always. :banderas:

Tatemae was a concept that I was unfamiliar with up until recently (say, the past 3 years or so).

Basically, it's the "face" that people talk about when they say "saving face". They will look you dead in your eyes and tell you something they do not actually believe, and this is across a majority of Japanese people.

This is why they come across as "nice" and "polite", but then wind up killing themselves because their jobs stress them out. This concept is why I am extra polite to customer service workers when I'm in Japan, because I know they're killing themselves to appear nice and friendly.

The downside of this is that they cannot just turn this off in interpersonal interactions, as Copius said. When you meet a woman, you might not be getting how she actually feels, and since we Americans are usually up front about our feelings, we take it at face value and wonder why we got left holding the bag.

:wtf:

I know Koreans that don't like Japanese people specifically for this "fakeness".

This is why in every thread people have tagged me in about Japan, I stress to LEARN THE LANGUAGE. There are cultural aspects to the language that will help with this, and will help to make a Japanese person feel more comfortable with you. It's not an automatic win button, but it can help you understand where this stems from. The polite form of Japanese will start to make sense, and you'll get they operate on a hierarchy, unlike in the States.

Gaijin hunters understand Westerners and are better at this game than non-Western chasing girls. The difference in personalities is STARK dude.

It has to be seen to be believed haha.

Screenshot-1007.png

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
One of those dudes in the OP was doing the Young Joc. And I wonder if 1 of the bros with the metal 🦵 got it shot off gang banging? If so, it's deeper then rap...

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
Watching the influence from here spread global is wild

But this shyt gon water the sound down to being old and corny

And Japanese rappers might get more buzz mimicking than actual Memphis rappers.
seriously been trying to think of a way, as a native Memphian, I can help bridge the gap between some of the underground stuff being made here now and their scene...if I can ever figure it out:myman:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
That's a hard ass beat :wow: I wonder if Dj Paul & Juicy J are aware of this Memphis scene in Japan or their influence in Asian countries.

Breh I have been listening to some 3 6, and it blows my mind of how well their music aged and how to this given day seems way ahead of its time.

Now every rapper have a triple flow style, dark sample, and a 808. Hell, them dudes mastered the bassline at the time. I am on the verge of making a thread discussing how the south perfected the bassline in hip hop, while east coast producers were scared of the shyt or use filters in the SP1200 to not work them keys (I do the same).

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: I mean I fukks with it. I got into Japanese Hip-Hop when Samurai Champloo came out and was on a Nujabes kick for a minute. He pretty much made the blueprint for lo-fi hip-hop.

Hip-hop is so universal now so it's going to be hard to do gate keeping of the culture since we're so damn influential. Hopefully these acts give props to African Americans though!