When Ma$e came back to Hip Hop in 04' with his "Welcome Back" album, what did you think at the time?

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once he became Pastor Ma$e so I stopped with fukk with him and his music out of respect. When he came back and I knew his Welcome Back album wouldn't be good as Harlem World cause he wanna be a clean artist cause of his religion, etc.. I wasn't excited anyway and don't give a fukk until he with G-Unit and became Mudra Mase so I lost all respect for him.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I was never a big Mase fan to begin with. I might’ve listened to Harlem World like twice in my entire life up til that point.

I honestly respected him for coming back with a cleaner image/album because the man HAD been a damn pastor the past decade. I had no idea people actually expected this man to come back as “Murda” Mase when he’d been preaching the gospel..

I liked the lead single/video. But that Breathe, Stretch, Shake shyt was hella wack.

I lost respect for him when he came back with G-Unit talking about he had hoes in the church. Just BLATANT hypocrisy:scust:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Thought he was a clown bc i read his book. He was shytting all over hip-hop and rappers...calling it satans music. Every return of Mase has been more and more embarassing...
Yeah I read that book...in there threw shade at Big L in that for no reason

Never fukked with Mase like that at his peak and that comeback album was beyond trash..that breathe stretch shake shyt did get a decent reaction in the clubs though...gotta admit that lol

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
"Listen, ya'll stop it. Know you appalled, got it. But this is my call to the false prophet, ALL PROFIT....Harlem hustler I can't at all knock it. But you hard when you go in the Lord pocket" Cam's flow used to be :scust::noah::wow:

"Get ya Kirk Franklin on!" :stopitslime:
shyt disgusting…damn !!!

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
It was good to see him back, He found god so obviously I knew the music wasnt gonna be the same...

he wasnt even murda mase from the Harlem world era so its not like i was expecting some gangsta shyt , now that g unit era was different

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
I didn't listen to that bullshyt. I liked the chain he had on in the album cover though..but the fitted he also had on was despicable b.

"who got caught in the Range Rover with the boy ??" - Pimp C

BonyTatteredAntelopegroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

ol tranny lover like Mister Cee

Daps
Reppin
London baby.
I thought he owed Puffy one more album.

I had recently seen a pic of him with a towel over his head in a Bentley with a trans so the album was a good deflection.