When Ma$e came back to Hip Hop in 04' with his "Welcome Back" album, what did you think at the time?

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was corny to me. Especially with how goody goody he was acting. Then a year later he's back to Muder Mase with G-Unit:stopitslime:
This and let’s not forget he was claiming he wrote big L’s hottest lines back then, which doesn’t make sense since L is clearly the more talented of the two.

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
fukked wit Mase heavy, but that shyt was insulting to the culture.:camby:

That bubble-gum shyt, went trashcan. By that point, the rap game had passed him by. He was clearly out of touch, w/ the times. Diddy wit the monologue, in the "Welcome Back" video...Mase bopping around, attempting to restore the feelin... :mjlol:

shyt was horrible. He played himself, w/ that BS effort. Ngga couldn't even shoot the video in the hood. Shyt looked like he had to make a Harlem mock set. :dead:
Soon as I heard the bar in just a bad boy gone clean i already knew what it was :mjlol:then rapping about henny with 50, goofy ass mase breathe and stretch that shyt in the garbage

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
everyone was like "mase is back!" :ohhh:then the singles and album dropped and shyt was garbage

we all wanted Murda Ma$e not mr rogers Ma$e...The Ma$e we got on G-unit was the one we wanted and I wish he would have gotten an official release during his short gunit run
It's sad because he really still had it

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
i thought he was a clown

i felt insulted that he thought he could get that off. especially when he was trying to make creased fitteds a thing

R-315903-1526669753-1745.jpeg.jpg

tenor.gif
That shyt was super garbage :scusthov:

fallback

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Welcome Back was cool in a corny pop way
Breathe Stretch Shake wasn't

He did his thing on the Jesus Walks and Lean Back remixes though that summer of 04 but just wasn't enough to sustain long term since that album wasn't good, I remember a La Isla Bonita sample song :mjlol:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Everybody welcoming this, welcoming that
he wasn't welcome in the first place, how we welcome him back :dahell:
GIMMIE THE MAC, LET ME WORK HIM WITH THAT :pacspit:

TELL MR. ROGERS I'LL LEAVE HIS BRAINS ON THE THE TROLLEY TRACK, SO POLLI' THAT :birdman:

That Un Kasa energy :wow:
"Listen, ya'll stop it. Know you appalled, got it. But this is my call to the false prophet, ALL PROFIT....Harlem hustler I can't at all knock it. But you hard when you go in the Lord pocket" Cam's flow used to be :scust::noah::wow:

"Get ya Kirk Franklin on!" :stopitslime: