When Ma$e came back to Hip Hop in 04' with his "Welcome Back" album, what did you think at the time?

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Of course the whole radio interview Ma$e had where Jim Jones and Cam'ron called in and interrupted was legendary

But at the time, when the "Welcome Back" single was out and the video was getting some play, what did you all think at the time?

And then he dropped the "Breathe, Stretch, Shake" single

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I thought “I don’t fukk with this fakkit”

/thread
mase-gif.gif

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
everyone was like "mase is back!" :ohhh:then the singles and album dropped and shyt was garbage

we all wanted Murda Ma$e not mr rogers Ma$e...The Ma$e we got on G-unit was the one we wanted and I wish he would have gotten an official release during his short gunit run

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Mase was my favorite rapper as a kid, and Harlem World the first album I bought at like 12 or 13 years old. The 04 comeback, I didn't pay it any attention, other than I had to hear it everywhere. Mase without the Bad Boy gloss and late 90's aesthetic wasn't ever going to work for me, musically Mase doesn't really exist to me outside of 1999. Part of that is childhood nostalgia, part is the high level of Bad Boy production, plus the hard to replicate feel of the late 90's, hearing Mase brings me back to teenage years, when i wanted a damn basketball jersey to look like that album cover.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was about 13/14 and was super hyped.. Welcome back was a banger but breathe stretch was a weak club banger attempt, still a got single just not for not where he was at in his career at the time.