When is the next great multiplayer shooter gonna come out?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nothing will be like that time. It's not only about the game, it was about all the newer tech at the time. Online console gaming was still pretty new.

Then Modern Warfare dropped which had a big increase in graphics, had a certain reality to it people wanted and people were still somewhat highly patriotic.

Online voice chat as well right from the console.

So much came together to make that era what it was. It'll be tough to replicate. After Modern Warfare 3 the novelty wore off.

We got A.I and augmented reality right now, but for gaming I still don't think that's as hype as when teaming up in connectivity with the world over first came out.

Last edited:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
What's the gamertag bro bro? We can run through some swat/tactical slayer matches
Sir Dare, I got some work coming over tonight so I might not be on till after midnight but hit me up with a message "coli breh" and I'll add you back. I was just playing tactical slayer earlier n shyt crazy I still got it :banderas:every match except one I was on top of the leaderboards, this shyt like riding a byke

I wish absolute input lag on all the TV's in your house, and a drift on all your analog sticks. I hope your next cut scene glitches back to dashboard. Fukk nikka.
Damn what I do :heh:

Nothing will be like that time. It's not only about the game, it was about all the newer tech at the time.

Online console gaming was still pretty new.

Then Modern Warfare dropped which had a big increase in graphics and had a certain reality to it people wanted and people were still somewhat highly patriotic.

Online voice chat as well from the console.

So much came together to make that era what it was. It'll be tough to replicate. After Modern Warfare 3 the novelty wore off.
This part I didn't think about. Online gaming back then was like sorcery breh, I couldn't believe I didn't have to ask if I can have company or come to the homie crib to play multiplayer. I got my start on Halo 2 with the goofy style black mic, connected to the Duke, that shyt was soo glorious. It even carried over to Christmas 05 when I got a 360 and CoD2/PDZ for chrimuh. That shyt was definitely special.

However you still deeply underestimating the power of innovation. The day we can enter a virtual world indistinguishable from our own and race cars, shoot cacs, hell even just farm or grind RPG skills, it will definitely give you that "feeling" again. And a decade or two after that, something else we can't even imagine will drop. This shyt don't stop breh we just feel like it won't happen because we're smack dab between stages of innovation.

We will have our day yet again, comrade!

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Downloaded Infinite MP again, that tactical slayer might be the move. Don't see an elimination mode though, could be wrong.

As for the campaign yeah I had a great time with it beating it when it first came out. Don't know if they've updated it since but it was already a solid 8/10. Some didn't like the open world but personally I loved it.

I played the shyt out of infinite during all the beta tests and when multiplayed launched early. Mained that game for like 3 months straight :wow:

The weak battle pass/live service aspect of the game made it fade out for me as I moved on to other games but I know they’ve added forge and a slew of other shyt over the years. Might have to revisit :lupe:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Downloaded Infinite MP again, that tactical slayer might be the move. Don't see an elimination mode though, could be wrong.

As for the campaign yeah I had a great time with it beating it when it first came out. Don't know if they've updated it since but it was already a solid 8/10. Some didn't like the open world but personally I loved it.
Husky Raid playlist returned this week.

Its pure stupidity and i love it:blessed:

Smallhala is fukkery. They even replaced the crashed pelican with a paper airplaine that has a smiley face sticky note on it.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I played the shyt out of infinite during all the beta tests and when multiplayed launched early. Mained that game for like 3 months straight :wow:

The weak battle pass/live service aspect of the game made it fade out for me as I moved on to other games but I know they’ve added forge and a slew of other shyt over the years. Might have to revisit :lupe:
Husky Raid playlist returned this week.

Its pure stupidity and i love it:blessed:

Smallhala is fukkery. They even replaced the crashed pelican with a paper airplaine that has a smiley face sticky note on it.
We got enough for a 7bot Larry squad, let's go :gladbron: finna hop on now