When immigrants say " My relatives don't like black people"

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
What did your cousin do?
Just an all-around ass. Dude got some serious issues. Dawg be puttin his hands on his whoooole family except for his mom. So his lil bro, lil sister (choked her and dragged her around da house) AND put his hands on his dad.

nikka try that shyt wit me and Ima have to help em meet his higher self.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
What's this about?

Cambodian refugee ilms his senior year of high school. There's a lot going on in it, but what I find relevant is the racial aspect of the documentary.

Him and his family live in the Sunnydale housing projects, and this is where they develop a fear and mistrust of African Americans for a few reasons, or rather experiences.

It reminds me of an article where Syrian refugees were being given refuge in St.Louis, only to have to face violence and crime upon their arrival.

In both these cases, we see the challenges faced by both sides. Neither understand each other's history, culture, or even language, yet they're expected to coexist peacefully in an impoverished housing development.

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Just an all-around ass. Dude got some serious issues. Dawg be puttin his hands on his whoooole family except for his mom. So his lil bro, lil sister (choked her and dragged her around da house) AND put his hands on his dad.

nikka try that shyt wit me and Ima have to help em meet his higher self.

ok, what does that have to do with immigrants and their disrespectful and race is relative?

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
ok, what does that have to do with immigrants and their disrespectful and race is relative?
:beli:
Whoever tha fukk I originally quoted asked, "Who goes around checking their family members?" It was a general question (to me) and I gave a general/off topic answer. :manny:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
There's over 40 million of us. We don't need a hug from foreigners

If they wanna rock with us, that's cool to

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
There's over 40 million of us. We don't need a hug from foreigners

If they wanna rock with us, that's cool to

Guess what breh immigrants come to the United States half the time the first place they set up shop is in the ghetto next to us. All the while they've been here at all this slander about Black Americans. So while we don't need a hug from they still need to understand who we are when they come in here. If it wasn't for us they probably wouldn't be able to come here in the first place.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Guess what breh immigrants come to the United States half the time the first place they set up shop is in the ghetto next to us. All the while they've been here at all this slander about Black Americans. So while we don't need a hug from they still need to understand who we are when they come in here. If it wasn't for us they probably wouldn't be able to come here in the first place.
I believe they know and don't give a shyt. Asking them to understand doesn't work if they don't want to understand. The thought in the back of their mind doesn't go away.

The guy who fukked their wife
The guy they lose a fight to in high school
The people who teased them as a kid.
A girl who embarrassed or rejected them
Just being a bad seed who's been brainwashed by their parents.

You never know what these cats are dealing with. If a individual has shown they don't fukk with your people you should distance yourself physically and financially

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
I believe they know and don't give a shyt. Asking them to understand doesn't work if they don't want to understand. The thought in the back of their mind doesn't go away.

The guy who fukked their wife
The guy they lose a fight to in high school
The people who teased them as a kid.
A girl who embarrassed or rejected them
Just being a bad seed who's been brainwashed by their parents.

You never know what these cats are dealing with. If a individual has shown they don't fukk with your people you should distance yourself physically and financially

Man whole communities that economically oppress all over America. Its bigger than just feelings

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Another divide and conquer thread by OP. Impressive :unimpressed:

I did not create any division nor my encouraging division. So is it okay for it just to be open season on black Americans? We cannot ask people who consider themselves are allies to speak up for us? Why you trying to censor us?

Suspect reply.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
I did not create any division nor my encouraging division. So is it okay for it just to be open season on black Americans? We cannot ask people who consider themselves are allies to speak up for us? Why you trying to censor us?

Suspect reply.
you're acting like the only black people on the planet are only found in America. This statement "my relatives dont like black people" applies everywhere in the world. You sound sheltered with little life experience outside of your neighborhood. I dont understand how you assumed its open season on black Americans just cause of the protests. Racism has been rampant for a long time in every corner of the world. Miss me with you lame ass "us against the world" tactics. Only thing they do is prevent unity

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
you're acting like the only black people on the planet are only found in America. This statement "my relatives dont like black people" applies everywhere in the world. You sound sheltered with little life experience outside of your neighborhood. I dont understand how you assumed its open season on black Americans just cause of the protests. Racism has been rampant for a long time in every corner of the world. Miss me with you lame ass "us against the world" tactics. Only thing they do is prevent unity

I am concern my group. I don't live overseas and that's not the topic here.
Other groups can vouch for themselves.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be completely transparent as long as I can remember my Dad has always called white people devils ......

Ive never really corrected him about this ....what do you suggest I do