When immigrants say " My relatives don't like black people"

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
I'm especially addressing in Hispanics that post here but this extends the across the board.
It ain't enough for you to come here consider yourself friends and allies of black Americans tell us "well, my relatives don't like black people but I'm working on them." I've seen this here several times and I find it very disrespectful.

You need to check you out of pocket anti-black relatives. Because what's going to happen is more more of us I'm going to start checking them for you and then that will lead much bigger problems.

We've been in this country too long face and too much to have to go through this with newcomers. Not only that but you come on places like this and eat off of our culture and even claim it as your own. And then have the audacity talk about us how we respond to racism.

So if you really friends with black people don't just tell abuela or whoever that is some good black Americans. You really got to get down on her/him/them and check them about talking Reckless about people who made it easier for them to even come from places that are underdeveloped to America and live a decent lives. Many times at our expense. And if you still dealing with relatives that treat us like this then don't come around us talkin' about you are our friends.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Invite to reply
OP

I've done this my entire life in EVERY direction, towards all Black people I am in circles with. When you've heard people in your circle make disparaging comments about other groups of Blacks what is your response ?

I ask because whenever this topic comes up.....people are preoccupied with imagined conversations that they assume are taking place about their group, but claim to have NEVER heard a bad word said in their presence about other ethnic groups.

I live by the mantra that if you have a problem with a specific person, address it with that person. Not doing so, is what leads to "oh those people are like that". Mis-directed anger.
Also that I learn/respect the history of this country, respect the struggles and efforts of the people who worked to CHANGE this country for the better, and respect people who respect me.

Interested to hear what negative things you've heard said about other groups and whether you checked people, though.

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
IMO aint nobody willing to fight that battle unless theyre marrying someone of a different race/religion. And even then :francis:

Then people should not be surprised if mom is :angry: because a black American at the job told her about herself.:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
OP

I've done this my entire life in EVERY direction, towards all Black people I am in circles with. When you've heard people in your circle make disparaging comments about other groups of Blacks what is your response ?

I ask because whenever this topic comes up.....people are preoccupied with imagined conversations that they assume are taking place about their group, but claim to have NEVER heard a bad word said in their presence about other ethnic groups.

I live by the mantra that if you have a problem with a specific person, address it with that person. Not doing so, is what leads to "oh those people are like that". Mis-directed anger.
Also that I learn/respect the history of this country, respect the struggles and efforts of the people who worked to CHANGE this country for the better, and respect people who respect me.

Interested to hear what negative things you've heard said about other groups and whether you checked people, though.

This respect to talk about seems absent of us who descents of slave and have been here from day one. Look at the thread with That Dominican dude. He should deported for even speaking on us like that.

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Indians come here and act like they were here since the revolutionary and civil war and think they can disrespect us

They are at the top of the list. They shouldn't even be here. They very racist and own much of the hotels out there and doctors offices here and they don't like to hire black people.Those opportunities for business ownership in the hotel industry should've came to BLACK Americans.

Last edited:

Counter Racist Male

Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Realistically who even checks their family members?

My Dad has said some flagrant things about Nigerians, what should I do, beat him up?:yeshrug:

How about setting him up straight.

"If it wasnt for the sacrifices of these Black Americans you hate so much you would still be living in squalor in *insert country*"