When/How Did Deadpool Become Popular?

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
i think the Internet made him hot. i never heard of him before i joined forums.

This. It was on the Rotten Tomatoes forums in 2005. I got interested and began Googling and got more interested, so I went out and found some comics. I may go back and try to find some old posts on other forums who told told me that Deadpool would never be able to be used correctly on the big screen back between 2007 and 2012. It would be hilarious to look at now.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Remember all those Deadpool variant covers?

Marvel had like 60 monthly books, each of those books had a Deeadpool cover that month. Wade had like 5 books out at once. Whenever one ended, 3 more would pop up.

I swear I remember one of us saying "They cancelled Secret Warriors and Captain Britain to put out more Deadpool!?"

Yeah, they had Way writing Deadpool, then they had Merc With A Mouth written by Gischler which eventually led to Deadpool Corps all while they kept dropping limited series after limited series written by Bunn. Marvel was whoring Deadpool out so hard during that period that his over exposition right now (his own book, his own team book plus the Avengers book) isn't even that bad in comparison, which is saying a lot.

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
Just after civil war. I'm casual with well versed friends and I picked up his secret invasion stuff. Seemed like the ball was rolling then among fans in my area. The deadpool fam run was great imo btw.

As soon as the movie was announced, then everybody and their mama seemed to know about Wade :beli:. I would say that was officially it.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
I don't remember the first time I was introduced to Deadpool. But by the time I read Cable & Deadpool, I was hooked. Still one of my favorite characters.