When did YouTube turn into QVC for millennials and zoomers?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everytime i use YouTube on a new device or browser its always the same people on the front page.

Facts.

In my office, I cast YouTube from my phone to a Chromecast. When I exit a video, it just takes me to the generic YouTube app homepage, without being logged in.

Damn near everything is reaction videos. Either Mr Beast, or SSSniperWolf. What's crazy is that it makes it clear that they use the same couple of thumbnails for the dumb YouTube Face on all their videos.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Facts.

In my office, I cast YouTube from my phone to a Chromecast. When I exit a video, it just takes me to the generic YouTube app homepage, without being logged in.

Damn near everything is reaction videos. Either Mr Beast, or SSSniperWolf. What's crazy is that it makes it clear that they use the same couple of thumbnails for the dumb YouTube Face on all their videos.
Ya, those 2 come to mind. Managed to never click on the videos cuz fukk i look like watching somebody watch a video? Plus the stupid wide mouth faces they have in the thumbnail make em look like they about to suck a giant dikk. Its stupid.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
What's crazy is that it makes it clear that they use the same couple of thumbnails for the dumb YouTube Face on all their videos.

Plus the stupid wide mouth faces they have in the thumbnail make em look like they about to suck a giant dikk. Its stupid.
I hate this shyt so much. Watch me fake react to some banal shyt, subscribe for more garbage.

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
all I know is raid: shadow legends gotta have a billion dollar advertising budget
That game actually threw a heavy stack at a few streamers to play it. A streamer called fightincowboy joked during an Elden Ring stream that if Raid thew him $20k, he'd do livestreams of it.

Guess what happened? They straight up gave him the big bag and sponsored him.

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
When YouTube became a job it was all over. These days most of the people in the same space can't even differentiate their videos. They all come out at the same time for some embargoed product and the YouTuber says the stock company talking points. They can't say too much or they'll damage their relationship with what ever brand gives them their free products they say they weren't paid to review yet get to keep.

This is just so blatant with car reviews.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
YouTube is BIG business this was to be expected but ads are not a problem for me :youngsabo:

Daps
FZJe_vpakAAwUfg

Unfiltered

The Dan Bongino Show (Mon. – Fri. 12p-3p ET)
Daps
Like comment and subscribe. I haven't even watched yet you out here suggesting shyt.

But yeah OP, you're right I find tech reviews mostly awful.
Tech reviews are terrible but those random ads promoting new businesses are bad too. Feel like disconnecting like the car from the center years back did. Just stay off the internet.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When youtube kept changing monetization and the algorithms. More importantly when corporations got real copyright/infringement happy