When did YouTube turn into QVC for millennials and zoomers?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
all I know is raid: shadow legends gotta have a billion dollar advertising budget
them and NordVPN gotta be drug money laundering :mjlol: NordVPN got like every big streamer to daily promote that.. these guys get paid $500k just to play a game a few hours , that Nord sponsorship gotta be a million minimum per big streamer/youtuber

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
youtube is pretty much tv now and the companies know that
with that being said I do think it's hilarious when YouTubers are selling shirts and shyt like damn anyone can really be their own brand now :dead:
go back 30 years they would be in best buy or something. now they're making a living doing dumb shyt

There’s an English guy who goes round the world eating English breakfasts and other cheap, shyt food, he has his own clothes merch lol

who the fukk Is buying a macmaster t-shirt?

YouTube baffles me with how much money they earn? There is so many vloggers these days, hovering around 60,000 views a video, do they earn enough to be full time?

I watch a guy who tastes craft beer at about 1000 views a video and even he gets sent free beer from time to time lol

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
When they do the commercials in the middle of the video nullifying my ad block, that annoys me. Watching a Punk (FGC) video and he cuts paid promotions. His channel started out as a good one until that LTG advice hit him. He's been shilling and trying to meme it up ever since. His editor is the worst.

Only see ads at the movie theaters and watching NBA games.

Last edited:

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Man, there used to be a time the YouTube frontpage had 'recently added' where you could see the most random shyt that was uploaded the second you got on the site. At that time you could really discover some amazing things. There were no ads so anybody making content was in it for the love.
Also the option to make a video reply made for some prime fukkery.

:mjcry: I miss those days

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man, there used to be a time the YouTube frontpage had 'recently added' where you could see the most random shyt that was uploaded the second you got on the site. At that time you could really discover some amazing things. There were no ads so anybody making content was in it for the love.
Also the option to make a video reply made for some prime fukkery.

:mjcry: I miss those days
Everytime i use YouTube on a new device or browser its always the same people on the front page.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Youtube lost its soul once ppl started making really money off of being monetized.
When YouTube became a job it was all over. These days most of the people in the same space can't even differentiate their videos. They all come out at the same time for some embargoed product and the YouTuber says the stock company talking points. They can't say too much or they'll damage their relationship with what ever brand gives them their free products they say they weren't paid to review yet get to keep.