When Did You Realize That You're Supposed To "Eat To Live" Instead Of For Entertainment

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Ehhh na I'll pass. Good tasting food is one of the best experiences in life. It does not have to be two polar opposites. I try to eat healthy majority of the time but you missing out on a lot if you never eat something that tastes good. I'm talking bomb ass tacos in Cali. Fresh pacific salmon. Lamb Rogan Josh - Indian food. Green curry soup from Thailand. Duck confit with plum sauce :ohlawd:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I changed after my last bout of acid reflux put me in the hospital again. It started to feel like the acid was burning a whole through my esophagus. Kept feeling like I was dying. That acid reflux be feeling like your heart bout to stop..

Crazy thing was the reflux was directly tied to my diet, but all doctors wanted to do was give me a pill. fukk treating the symptom man, treat the cause.

After that I took inventory of what I ate and just started cutting back on fried food, carbs, coffee, pasta, sauces and cheese. I also incorporated more greens, just focusing on a more plant based diet. Still have my fish and chicken tho. Also take a multivitamin. Still a work in progress but I longer get reflux, don't feel sluggish and I don't get sick.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Do you supplement for B vitamins/Amino Acids, and Iron? Plant based diets are very refreshing, but I find that I have to supplement more. How have you felt?

I supplement with B12, Tumeric, and Vitamin D just about everyday. Bout to start Magnesium too. I would supplement with these even if I wasn't Vegan simply because most food nowadays lacks a lot of nutrients. I feel great. Best decision I've made in my life. When I eat really clean whole plants, I stay ripped and lean. If I go on a junk food Vegan binge, I'll notice in about a week and have to get back strict. I also use plant based protein powder. Dairy free and Vegan.

Last edited:

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
How has your life changed?

What do you eat that's really good?

It's the best decision I've ever made. I have more energy. I can honestly say that I don't remember the last time that I had a cold. Bowel movements are on point. I stay lean all year around while able to still slowly build muscle. My mind is clear, skin is clear. When you eat dairy, you're eating proteins designed to make a baby cow grow. Would you drink monkey, or rat milk? So why would you drink a cow's milk? Humans are the only species that drinks another species of animal's milk and the only species to drink milk when you're not a baby anymore. It isn't natural. It fukks with your hormones and all kinds of detrimental shyt. And I really don't see how people can eat pork and shellfish at all. Haven't touched neither in about three years before going vegan. I'm not going to go on a rant here. I feel healthier and better on a plant based diet. Do I miss animal products sometimes, yeah. Do I have some chicken or a slice of veggie pizza once in one in a while (very rarely), yes. But I almost always get sick after putting that poison back into my system.

*edit*
Forgot to answer what I eat. My wife cooks a lot of legumes. Lentils, black bean, pinto beans. We eat a lot of Black rice, quinoa, almond milk, granola, kale, collard greens, mushrooms, avocados, cactus (nopales), sweet potatos, chile peppers and salsas. We eat all kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables. We rarely eat anything canned or processed. I drink one gallon of distilled water everyday. Our vice is potato chips and gushers and shyt. That processed sugar and salt is a drug within itself. I avoid it most of the time, but I slip up once in a while.

Last edited:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
When my friends mom had a stroke and lost some limbs due to diabetes. shyt hit her quick as fukk because she was up and able in March and now she's damn near dead.

Now I'm borderline pescatarian and loving it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I supplement with B12, Tumeric, and Vitamin D just about everyday. Bout to start Magnesium too. I would supplement with these even if I wasn't Vegan simply because most food nowadays lacks a lot of nutrients. I feel great. Best decision I've made in my life. When I eat really clean whole plants, I stay ripped and lean. If I go on a junk food Vegan binge, I'll notice in about a week and have to get back strict. I also use plant based protein powder. Dairy free and Vegan.
I've bought this Ionic minerals joint the other day.
ConcenTrace® Trace Mineral Drops | Trace Minerals Research

Really good stuff.

As for the other point, I've noticed I've gotten just a little bit bigger and others noticed. I'm not fat or anything I just look a little "softer" if you may. I was eating w/e for a good few months just eating take out and lots of processed foods. Just yesterday I decided to eat mostly raw/unprocessed for a few weeks to see a difference. I felt like overnight I already feel lighter.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
I've known this since I was a child. My mom and stepdad would only let us eat bad stuff on the weekends and that was in moderation. During the week it was nothing but healthy stuff. I still do that and I'll do that with my kid too.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Nice job breh!

Keep it up! Since you aren't eating dairy or meat, I would find a nice probiotic to take as well to keep your good stomach flora(bacteria) strong.

Tumeric is makes me feel like I recovered from a hangover every day. Black pepper actually improves the bioaavailability of Tumeric so if you feel brave enough, mix a little in with your powder.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I might order this, breh. I suffer from depression and severe anxiety at times. I've read from several sources that a magnesium deffeciency was the main cause. You like that product, though? How does it make you feel mentally?
I bought it because I've heard of Ionic minerals for quite some time but never really paid attention but then I read about it and it made sense to use it no matter what one's dietary regimen is.

I've only used it for one day with today being the 2nd day. I mean all i can say is I have a lot of energy but then again I'm pretty much always energetic since I take powerful nutritive herbs daily.
I can't speak about how it makes me feel mentally since I could attribute that to many things. I try to stay cheerful and happy but there are days where I'm just not in the mood like last night I just didn't feel like doing anything.