when did CARTOONS get so utterly wack? :scusthov:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
I'll never understand why grown adults feel the need to complain about cartoons made for CHILDREN. You're not the core demographic anymore, get over it.

BECAUSE OUR KIDS ARE WATCHING IT. AND IF THEY ARE WATCHING IT CHANCES ARE YOU WILL HAVE TO SIT THROUGH IT AT SOME POINT. CARTOONS WERE NEVER STRICTLY MADE FOR KIDS. THEY WERE MADE FOR KIDS BUT WITH ELEMENTS THAT GO OVER THEIR HEADS TO ENTERTAIN THE PARENTS. LONG BEFORE ANIMANIACS, LOONEY TUNES WAS DOING THE SAME STUFF.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:what:

nikka have you WATCHED Spider-Man recently? Spidey couldn't punch people people and they had to make sure that when he landed on buildings, he didn't hurt any pigeons.

The 90s Spider man cartoon had good storylines:ehh:

But Gargoyles and Batman: TAS was a level of its own.

George Gooney

AA GANG AA GANG AA GANG
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I see you, threadstarter. You knew better than to post this in the Arcadium :youngsabo:

But, yeah, horrible thread. Not only are two of those "wack" cartoons from the '90s, but a lot of the cartoons that have aired in the last decade are better than some of the shyt we grew up with.

Spectacular Spider-Man >>>>>>>>>>> Spider-Man TAS
2003 TMNT >>>>>>>>>>>>> 1987 TMNT
Transformers Animated and Prime >>>>>>>>>> Transformers G1
Young Justice is on par with any of those DCAU toons from the 90s.

So, in summation, :stopitslime:

:comeon:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
BECAUSE OUR KIDS ARE WATCHING IT. AND IF THEY ARE WATCHING IT CHANCES ARE YOU WILL HAVE TO SIT THROUGH IT AT SOME POINT. CARTOONS WERE NEVER STRICTLY MADE FOR KIDS. THEY WERE MADE FOR KIDS BUT WITH ELEMENTS THAT GO OVER THEIR HEADS TO ENTERTAIN THE PARENTS. LONG BEFORE ANIMANIACS, LOONEY TUNES WAS DOING THE SAME STUFF.

Looney toons were never made for kids though.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I think right wing christian organizations started complaining, so they took a lot of the adult humor out of cartoons

:wtf: what does this have to do with anything? I don't remember any saturday morning cartoons having adult humor

Daps
Reppin
NULL
remember all cartoons catered to everybody...seem like these new cartoons only catered weedheads and hipsters

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
this is clearly a generational thing so this argument is moot.