when did CARTOONS get so utterly wack? :scusthov:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
When you think about it spongebob is the WOAT.

Not that it has the worst storylines or whatever, but i think something about the show stops people from growing up. Its literally the only cartoon that people i went to kindergarten with were still watching when i graduated. :smh:

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
Honestly most cartoons are not geared towards kids, they are filled with adult jokes that young kids don't even get (regular show, adventure time, flap jack) I like these shows but I would not let any child younger than 8 watch them....but the money is in the college crowd I mean look how Yo Gabba Gabba got its cult status

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
this thread is stupid. im sorry

1. you fukkin posted baby looney tunes! seriously?
2. you praised the drawing of cartoons from the 90s and shytted on drawings of cartoons from the 90s in the same post
3. the reason cartoons today look so crappy is cuz thats part of the joke. "its 2012 and this cartoon looks like it was drawn on paper with crayons."
4. there are PLENTY of cartoons that are fukking awesome. people already named gumball :ohlawd: phineas and ferb, spongebob is holding it fukkin down for years, regular show, almost naked animals

but i will agree that some cartoons suck. cant name them cuz i dont watch them. the reason they suck is because adults suck. yall watch reality tv, they made total drama island. adults watch cartoons they made adult type child cartoons, the looney tunes show

and shame on you if you're not watching pbs cartoons. and if you got it, watch qubo too
dude ...Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs where the shyt. :ohlawd: Also Pinky and The Brain...

When you think about it spongebob is the WOAT.

Not that it has the worst storylines or whatever, but i think something about the show stops people from growing up. Its literally the only cartoon that people i went to kindergarten with were still watching when i graduated. :smh:
i've never got the spongebob hype to be honest :ld:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
dude ...Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs where the shyt. :ohlawd: Also Pinky and The Brain...

i've never got the spongebob hype to be honest :ld:

It was cool when i was a lil youngin. I just always thought it was weird like i'll be in class(a couple months before graduating) and hear hoz talk about the new episode of spongebob. Im like :wtf:

Why tf are young adults even adults still watching this shyt :why:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Honestly most cartoons are not geared towards kids, they are filled with adult jokes that young kids don't even get (regular show, adventure time, flap jack) I like these shows but I would not let any child younger than 8 watch them....but the money is in the college crowd I mean look how Yo Gabba Gabba got its cult status

exactly and that's why i don't like them anymore...the innocence is completely gone nowdays...even in cartoons geared at KIDS :wtf:

anyone remember when cartoons taught kids lil "lessons" here and there....like help out the less fortunate kid next to you in class...or help a kid that's being bullied ...or not to steal stuff etc?
they did it in a way that wasn't "preachy" but kids could take away a lil lesson at least. can't say that about most cartoons these days.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
tumblr_m58z3zxWW01qc2ez2.png

:pacspit:

:rudy: that gay ass shyt! couldn't watch 5 mn u gotta be high as shyt or on pcp!

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
exactly and that's why i don't like them anymore...the innocence is completely gone nowdays...even in cartoons geared at KIDS :wtf:

anyone remember when cartoons taught kids lil "lessons" here and there....like help out the less fortunate kid next to you in class...or help a kid that's being bullied ...or not to steal stuff etc?
they did it in a way that wasn't "preachy" but kids could take away a lil lesson at least. can't say that about most cartoons these days.

Animaniacs has to be the least innocent cartoon of all time.

Looney Toons was always damn near crossing the line with their shyt too.

Id put Adventure Time and The Regular Show up against any toons. Those 2 are solid.

151_Pr00f

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the Clouds
catoons these days will give someone with epilepsy a damn seizure

shyts built for these ADD kids of the new generation

This is what I hate about the newly animated childrens films. Was watching Rio and Kung Fu Panda with my 4 year old daughter and found it took to much effort to keep up with the pace of what was actually happening in those scenes.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
This is what I hate about the newly animated childrens films. Was watching Rio and Kung Fu Panda with my 4 year old daughter and found it took to much effort to keep up with the pace of what was actually happening in those scenes.

speaking of animated movies ...i finally saw Puss in Boots the other night ....shyt had me rolling. can't wait for part two :pachaha:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I blame the right wing conservatives for the dumbing down of the animation and the storyline character development. It seems like in the mid 90s, everything was at its peak and went gradually downhill. Batman TAS, X Men, Spiderman, Gargoyles was the shyt cause they wanted to make things better.

Thank God for Bruce Timm da Gawd for blessing us with JLU in the 00s, cause that would have been an underwhelming decade. This decade, the 10s, are gradually improving with the likes of Young Justice and Green Lantern TAS.

:what:

nikka have you WATCHED Spider-Man recently? Spidey couldn't punch people people and they had to make sure that when he landed on buildings, he didn't hurt any pigeons.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
I don't "get" cartoons nowadays. Every joke is like a rube goldberg machine, you shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to laugh. The story lines are wack as well.

I'M SAYING. I JUST WANNA SEE A CAT GET HIS FACE FLATTENED BY A FRYING PAN.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I fukking HATE Johnny Test. It represents EVERYTHING wrong with modern cartoons.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I'll never understand why grown adults feel the need to complain about cartoons made for CHILDREN. You're not the core demographic anymore, get over it.