Whats your excuse for not learning how to swim?

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Had to :cape: this brotha today at the hamilton pool:

800_hamilton-pool-texas-usa.jpg

Place is beautiful brehs, shoutout to my texas brehs who actually go outside of their city every once in a while to experience some piff.

But anyway dude was built and probably in his mid 20's and he was with his friends and i notice none of them was wet or getting in the water and they had been there for a minute. They seen me cliff diving with the rest of the cacs and one of them get the courage to come up with me. I ask him :usure:breh? He was like :jawalrus: "i got this bruh" and jumped in and immediately started to drown.

Im like:wtf: and his friends were sitting off to the side hitting me with the :lupe:. I yell "ain't none of you nikkas know how to swim?" they still looking at me like i'm a life guard. So I jump in and pull dude out of the water. Im pissed because what if i was not there? there were no one else there to save him. Im seriously thinking of starting a company to help black kids learn how to swim, imagine if black people got into the olympic swimming teams. Cacs would be furious.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
:salute: for being a :cape:

that place is beautiful tho :lupe:

I wanna swim there :noah:

I taught myself how to swim brehs, you can too.

Texas got the swimming hole game on lock :noah:

but real talk breh, i grew up in the hood and i still managed to learn how to swim (self-taught). Ill be damned if these cacs out here having fun in a gorgeous looking place like that and im sitting back like :lupe:.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
my dad was a fish and ge taught me at 5. i'm a fish and my child with be swimming in dipers. believe that. best to teach them when they're young and it's familiar to them. they "swim" for nine months in utero anyway.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Texas got the swimming hole game on lock :noah:

but real talk breh, i grew up in the hood and i still managed to learn how to swim (self-taught). Ill be damned if these cacs out here having fun in a gorgeous looking place like that and im sitting back like :lupe:.
I wasn't sure if that "black people can't swim" thing was just a stereotype or not :lupe:

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
I wasn't sure if that "black people can't swim" thing was just a stereotype or not :lupe:

its true for the most part, imo. I go out to places like this every chance i get and i don't see any black folk out there and if i do its rare that they are actually swimming. Them 5ft-6ft pools at the apt complex do not count.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
To be honest, the few instances I "attempted" to learn, it was a "I'ma throw you in the water and you sink or swim." Ish had me all effed up as a little kid. Doesn't stop me from at least getting in a pool when I'm at one, but the "going underwater" part has me shook.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Im seriously thinking of starting a company to help black kids learn how to swim, imagine if black people got into the olympic swimming teams. Cacs would be furious.
this is a really good idea, for racist cac infuriation purposes, doing good for the community purposes, and you might make some money too :obama:

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
To be honest, the few instances I "attempted" to learn, it was a "I'ma throw you in the water and you sink or swim." Ish had me all effed up as a little kid. Doesn't stop me from at least getting in a pool when I'm at one, but the "going underwater" part has me shook.

IMO, underwater is the best part, ain't no better way to get over the fear of water than to get some goggles and start diving until you get comfortable. I learned to swim underwater first actually, i've swam down at 20ft+ deep swimming holes and lakes and seen some awesome shyt.

After swimming underwater feels natural, the rest of it just comes naturally. :manny:

laughattack

Rookie
Daps
Complications. Tried learning before. But I'm going to try again and this time I'm going to put more time and effort into it. Make the impossible possible.