CADB8-DA2-4-ACD-4-AD5-9332-34-C7943894-E8.jpg

Does this sound like any upcoming game to yall? :jbhmm:
Forspoken right?

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Reboot Slam City. I think if they refine the gameplay mechanics, they could end up with a really refreshing gaming experience. Maybe even go full first-person.

It had a bit of that Mike Tyson's Knockout feel, which I also wouldn't mind coming back.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've always wanted an open world game with the scale and attention to detail of a GTA where you play as a deep undercover cop or FBI/CIA agent. The type that go extremely long stretches before a check in.

Ideally, peaking an enforcement agency you work with would be like picking an origin or something like that, and would determine who you're trying to infiltrate.

Ideally, there wouldn't be a morality system, or anything like that, or writing that funnels the main character back towards always deciding that their dedication to the law is most important. You could decide to eventually work up to getting your target taken down through the investigation, flip entirely and just become a part of the organization for real, go rogue to get shyt handled yourself, or just focus on getting yourself out, regardless of what happens.

Depending on what you choose, you'd have to work on balancing whatever real life your character has (you'd be able to customize their background, to an extent), along with keeping your target and employer happy.

Missions wouldn't progress linearly, but would instead be available based on your relationships with mission giving NPCs. So, for example, you could skip an entire minor mission chain that helps establish your cover and prove yourself to the org your infiltrating if you take actions elsewhere that deem that unnecessary. But at the same time, establishing that trust increases the demands of your handler, since they know you've got leeway.

Character builds/progression would help determine what you're good at, and what service you provide to the org is. For example, if you're great at boostong cars, or a great getaway driver, you're not going to be asked to go clap someone in their sleep, since that's not what you're good at.

Game would have failstates built in where your character can get killed or arrested for blowing their cover, or getting burned by your handler after fukking them over. Would also have mechanics where if you're balancing both roles and get arrested, you have to find a way to earn back trust after walking on light or no charges so people don't think you're a snitch.

I came up with a cop RPG where you decide if he should be corrupt or on the straight path; something like the Shield. I hope someone decides to do this in the future. :heh:

a yakuza 0 engine game with a GTA budget (so they could create a much larger map) and with driving :wow:

but all the same other gameplay and yakuza style storyline + side missions/mini games.

Sleeping Dogs? :jbhmm:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:wow: Pokémon gold with Pokémon Arceaus open world play and better graphics.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sleeping Dogs? :jbhmm:

Sleeping Dogs was good, but at least for me, there was never really any tension over what Wei would do, since the villains were pretty clearly defined or telegraphed from the beginning. I was thinking of something a little more grounded where who the "right" party is depends on what the player wants, or thinks. But at the same time, writing and developing something that open ended would probably be nearly impossible to actually pull off.