winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I got these three primary cards
Chase Freedom
Discover It (post monthly FICO scores my last one was 750)
American Express Blue Cash Preferred ($75 annual fee)

The Chase Freedom is the defacto card I use for many things because more places take Visa. The Blue Cash I use at grocery stores because it gets 6% cash back there. The Discover and the Chase also get rotated depending on the bonus categories. Right now I use the Chase at gas stations for 5% back and the Discover at restaurants for the 5%.

All my monthly bills are set to autopay off the Chase Freedom and all the credit cards are set to autopay at least the minimum due off my Chase checking account. This way if I forget to make a payment I'll at least pay the minimum due but I typically pay something off the same day I buy it by making online payments.

The bad part is rent cause they don't accept credit cards, but Bluebird by American Express recently let me add my landlord to their list of payees. Now I can now that that Blue Cash card at a grocery store to put my rent money on my Bluebird and get 6% cash back on my rent. It just has to be manually done every month.

That cashback is nice though. Right now between those three cards I probably got about $100 worth of points on them all together. I strongly suggest using cash back cards just for the free money they give back.

Just Rod

Sh!t Rod Says
Daps
Reppin
Washington, DC
How do the cash back cards work? Do they send you a check or put the cash back on your balance or what? I got a power rewards card so I just get points that I can redeem for cash, travel, or other things.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I have one main one (Chase Freedom). And my wife has the American Express Blue Cash Preferred ($75 annual fee) too. That 6% back on groceries is crack. Plus I have the American Express set up to email me when a purchase is made so I can keep an eye on her purchases :youngsabo::birdman::ufdup:

It has a limit of $10 minimum before it emails though..so i have to reconcile every small ass purchase every month:aicmon:

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
I got a couple Chase Freedom cards, a Visa and a Mastercard and an Amazon Visa. Amazon Visa is used only for Amazon purchases, which is typically a couple hundred bucks a mont. Freedom Visa is used for essentially everything else and the Mastercard is used at Sam's club. All of them are set to autopay in full every month. I don't spend more than I have. So yeah, it's basically free money every month, from 1-5% depending on what I'm buying. If you're not using a free credit card with cash back, you're missing out on easy money.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
All my monthly bills are set to autopay off the Chase Freedom

Don't the utility companies and shyt make you pay a fee for using a credit card? I almost did it once until I saw that fee. :camby:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i got the exact same setup, except i have the discover miles card instead of discover it. ill probably switch to the discover it at some point. i also have a couple airline credit cards i got for the mileage bonuses: virgin america barclays and southwest chase

my next goals are to get the discover it and the chase sapphire. for grocery shopping i think the amex blue cash is already the best deal out.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
How do the cash back cards work? Do they send you a check or put the cash back on your balance or what? I got a power rewards card so I just get points that I can redeem for cash, travel, or other things.
With mine, I just accrue a balance and I can use it for different things like getting a check to me, towards my balance, or get a gift card to all kinds of stores

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@winb83 @Rickdogg44

why have cash back cards when you have to pay 75 dollars annual fee on the american express? its like getting cash back only to pay for the annual fee

i would cancel the american expresss

Depends on how much shopping you do. I did the math once and if you do at least 300-400 of grocery shopping a month you come out ahead of the no annual fee card

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I have 9 and about 6 of them are mostly used for holidays and special occassions. The 3 i do use is Cap One shyt and Amazon Rewards. Three debits two being used and one for my stocks at capital one sharebuilder

Having that many cards sound crazy but boosted the shyt out of my credit after i pay them in full and they be running back like you havent used it in a while here is extra money boost my ratios on my credit.