What’s Y’all Job Title and What’s Y’all Salary?

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
It's not really working tho. I'm assuming he is just at the fire house not doing shyt for half that time
It’s 24 hours in a shift. We spend an hour or two training/studying/community outreach most days. I spend an hour working out.

After that, once the station and equipment is in good order the rest of the day is yours.

You can be chilling watching college football then 7 minutes later you’re doing CPR on a 2 year old or pulling someone’s grandmother out of a burning apartment. shyt gets real, real quick :francis:
My guy congrats :salute:

When the hell you start this job? Had to be post Covid
Last summer I went thru the academy
so u work 72 hours a week???? :picard:
yep but I’m off every 3rd day. I work Friday then I’m off Sat & Sunday. Go back in Monday…off Tuesday & Wednesday etc

GOAT schedule ever

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
College professor- salary fluctuates based on how many grants I score. Last year my after tax was 123K.
Ayyyyeeee :salute:
Do they count the grant income as taxable income? Asking for a me.:lupe: As a research fellow for the last few years in my doc program, they didn’t count my grant payout stipend as income. Which is why I’ve been able to pay damn near zero on my student loans for the last six years even though I was making great money.
But this year if I can’t find a way to get my department to pay my teaching position through the grant…my payment under the income repayment plan is gonna skyrocket. My job pays student loan assistance but still. I don’t wanna pay nothing.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Graduate Research Assistant

62df239b6ba4a59fe81281f2112e4d0b.gif
Are you linked up with a professor that has a leadership grant and are they allowing you to adjunct classes (if you have time)? Also look into internal funding opportunities. A lot of departments have funds just waiting to be given out that students don’t even know about.

Jahbarri

Banned
Daps
Reppin
MONTREAL
unemployed. make like 250$ canadian every week on unemployment insurance. won 20k last month gambling so i paid hella bills of that. also make like 4-8k monthly on side gigs if i put in the work and hours after biz expenses.

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Ayyyyeeee :salute:
Do they count the grant income as taxable income? Asking for a me.:lupe: As a research fellow for the last few years in my doc program, they didn’t count my grant payout stipend as income. Which is why I’ve been able to pay damn near zero on my student loans for the last six years even though I was making great money.
But this year if I can’t find a way to get my department to pay my teaching position through the grant…my payment under the income repayment plan is gonna skyrocket. My job pays student loan assistance but still. I don’t wanna pay nothing.

It depends on what kind of grant it is. If it's something like a prestigious fellowship (like a Fulbright), there may be exceptions that you are exempt from. Unfortunately most times, grant income is taxable. But it also depends on how it's paid. If it's coming through the university, they should be taking the tax out before they cut the check to you. Some places though will give you the entire thing, and it's up to you to pay the taxes, which can be dangerous for some people who struggle with letting go of that extra money on their own lol. I always ask them to just handle it so I don't have to worry about it.

There are ways around student loan payments. DM if you want more info.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Product Strategy Manager
$250K (Maybe $270K this year if the stock market keeps recovering)

$155K Base
$95K Stock

7 years ago I was on the Coli making $65K, so shout out to the older 6-fig fam for sharing ideas on career paths.

Trying to break into the mid-300s next year, so people managers hit me up w/ recs on books & resources for managing ppl & developing leadership style.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It’s 24 hours in a shift. We spend an hour or two training/studying/community outreach most days. I spend an hour working out.

After that, once the station and equipment is in good order the rest of the day is yours.

You can be chilling watching college football then 7 minutes later you’re doing CPR on a 2 year old or pulling someone’s grandmother out of a burning apartment. shyt gets real, real quick :francis:

Last summer I went thru the academy

yep but I’m off every 3rd day. I work Friday then I’m off Sat & Sunday. Go back in Monday…off Tuesday & Wednesday etc

GOAT schedule ever

do they pay u the entire 72 hours tho?

hatealot

Banned
Daps
86k… Insurance Underwriter
How many years of exp?
I been wanting to leave claims adjusting but I'm currently stuck in the injury track but starting salary for underwriting with no exp I can't take right now

Commercial or personal underwriting?