What’s with this Kyle Filipowski grooming situation?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
How would Flip being groomed be viewed as a negative for him? Theres nothing to be upset about. He has done nothing wrong

That's what I was thinking. Thread is weird. Either he's innocent because of his age, or there's nothing wrong with the situation. If you're blaming him and saying that he has responsibility then it doesn't even make sense to be upset with the relationship in the first place.

Posters trying to make him into a victim and then go right into victim-blaming. Choose one or the other, can't be both.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
How would Flip being groomed be viewed as a negative for him? Theres nothing to be upset about. He has done nothing wrong
That's what I was thinking. Thread is weird. Either he's innocent because of his age, or there's nothing wrong with the situation. If you're blaming him and saying that he has responsibility then it doesn't even make sense to be upset with the relationship in the first place.

Posters trying to make him into a victim and then go right into victim-blaming. Choose one or the other, can't be both.
I’m not an NBA team. I didn’t blame him for what’s happening.

My posts only questioned why journalists didn’t dig into it more and it’s shocked that this happened.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

Well he's only 20 years old and supposedly he's cut off his entire family for her. His fam was all over social media saying they can't talk to him nor see him. They said he was nervous and couldn't answer a lot of questions during team interviews and looked like crap in workouts. Sirius XM-NBA Radio was talking about this yesterday and the question was, "How much control does she have over him?" What if its time for the Jazz to go on a road trip and she says he can't go, and he doesn't go. It could be all good like y'all say, but evidently the situation is much much deeper than what's being revealed. How did Duke keep this under wraps like they did is also a head scratcher.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Well he's only 20 years old and supposedly he's cut off his entire family for her. His fam was all over social media saying they can't talk to him nor see him. They said he was nervous and couldn't answer a lot of questions during team interviews and looked like crap in workouts. Sirius XM-NBA Radio was talking about this yesterday and the question was, "How much control does she have over him?" What if its time for the Jazz to go on a road trip and she says he can't go, and he doesn't go. It could be all good like y'all say, but evidently the situation is much much deeper than what's being revealed. How did Duke keep this under wraps like they did is also a head scratcher.

If all that's true, that's a big difference from saying "he was groomed" though. That's more like he's in a whole-ass cult.

Emmanuel Macron was groomed and he became the president of France, no one cared.

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
I mean I heard the snippet and I can't blame him. Givony just said he has a 26 year old girlfriend or something like that. a 20 year old having a 26 year old girlfriend isn't anything too crazy, i'd chalk it up to a young dude who's getting played and teams probably think that means he has bad decision making. no one really knew about the grooming stuff and lowe isn't a draft dude which is why he has givony. givony should be getting the flack.

I just listened to the podcast and you're right. Lowe just heard the 20 year old boyfriend having a 26 year old girlfriend part of the story. Givoney omitted the rest of the story

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
thank god women hate eachother so much they can never get organized, PAWG's could truly rule the world if they united. The fremen without Paul to lead.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
There needs to be a bigger spotlight on the preying of young athletes by older women

Was gonna say, this situation is happening more often than it ain’t.

It’s only a story here because (1) Young Mormons move to the front of basketball news forever (Ainge, Shawn Bradley, Jimmer)
(2) this is a Dook White Boy