What’s up with all these Chinese Owned Seafood spots poppin up?

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Breh I don't fukk with Asians and seafood. My friend bought like 10 pounds of crab legs at one of those spots and that shyt smelled straight like ammonia. We took that nasty shyt back and breh tried to pull the okey dokey. Long story short she got her money back and told us never to come back. lol
Damn 10 pounds..I know y’all spent some $..I know that lady was mad asl :mjlol:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
I haven’t tried Juicy Crab yet. Be tryna take my ole lady, but them wait times are too much.

Went to spondivits for some seafood, and that place overpriced for no reason. $18 for 5 Cajun styled scrimps. Place wasn’t even all that

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Damn 10 pounds..I know y’all spent some $..I know that lady was mad asl :mjlol:

Yep it's was like $130 or something like that. He wasn't trying to give us no refund either until I started announcing to the store he sold us rotten crab meat. lol He got our Black asses out of there fast as shyt. lol

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
I read an article talking about some restaurants selling basa or swai as catfish. Different family of catfish. It costs cheaper/much of it is sourced from SE asia, with similar taste and consistency as American catfish. Even seen a study where consumers actually prefer the taste. It was being used so widely now that American producers got legislation passed forcing it to be labelled differently.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
They are black Muslims from Savannah in fact. Former street cats who went legit.

Anyhow, the Asian seafood hustle is that Korea and China produce cheap ass seafood without the regulations. Who knows what they got us eating. The Asians get the stuff dirt cheap from home and open up spots called New Orleans Seafood etc etc. The owner from Conch City told me the Asians spray some type of pesticide like preservatives on their food to extend the life about a week. You can tast the chemical in the aftertaste.

Nah only the "shop manager" is muslim...

but you right about them being from Savannah...i dated the OWNER's sister....back in the day..he is a street "legend" from savannah back during the freaknik..orange crush days......

good dude.....

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I read an article talking about some restaurants selling basa or swai as catfish. Different family of catfish. It costs cheaper/much of it is sourced from SE asia, with similar taste and consistency as American catfish. Even seen a study where consumers actually prefer the taste. It was being used so widely now that American producers got legislation passed forcing it to be labelled differently.

Swai is waaayyy better than catfish to me. It’s the new fish fry fish lol.