What’s up with all these Chinese Owned Seafood spots poppin up?

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
The Vietnamese in bayou la batre (close to Mobile and on the Gulf of Mexico) do most of the fishing so they have direct plugs to the ones who sell them in the cities.

Basically cut out the old white fishers and started supplying their own storefronts.

New Englanders in small fishing towns do the same practice

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
We got one in Durham for thats all fried seafood. I went once and something didnt seem right about the fish. It was very thin & may be somewhat artificial.

The Asian lady in Raleigh off New Hope Rd fries the best fish EVER!!!!!!!!! But the sides she servers are trash. Her fish so good you can bring her your own fish and she'll fry it for you.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
U been to the Crab Pot off Godby?

It’s Black Owned
Yep. Love that place.

Only problem is they close when the food runs out. So, they usually closed by 2. I usually will get the fried shrimp, but the oxtails and neck bones I got last time we’re :wow:. That lemonade they make is pretty good too

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
You talking about them king crab spots? They been doing that shyt in LA for a decade ever since crabpot kicked off. They Filipinos tho not Chinese

Black folks should have saw the frenzy and jumped on that ..I mean shiet it's essentially creole food

Ingelwood blacks still got the gumbo game on lock tho :wow:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
The Asian lady in Raleigh off New Hope Rd fries the best fish EVER!!!!!!!!! But the sides she servers are trash. Her fish so good you can bring her your own fish and she'll fry it for you.
Last time I was in Raleigh I tried
oc-300x282.jpg

Food was good, cheap, and run by black folks. Morgan Street Food Hall is dope

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Yeah Conch City seafood in Stone Mountain is black. Owned too

They are black Muslims from Savannah in fact. Former street cats who went legit.

Anyhow, the Asian seafood hustle is that Korea and China produce cheap ass seafood without the regulations. Who knows what they got us eating. The Asians get the stuff dirt cheap from home and open up spots called New Orleans Seafood etc etc. The owner from Conch City told me the Asians spray some type of pesticide like preservatives on their food to extend the life about a week. You can tast the chemical in the aftertaste.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Yep. Love that place.

Only problem is they close when the food runs out. So, they usually closed by 2. I usually will get the fried shrimp, but the oxtails and neck bones I got last time we’re :wow:. That lemonade they make is pretty good too
That lemonade is pure sugar :picard: I literally cut it with 3/4 water

Them turkey necks tho :ohlawd:
I be lookin crazy drivin all on 285 eatin them bytches :ahh:

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
They are black Muslims from Savannah in fact. Former street cats who went legit.

Anyhow, the Asian seafood hustle is that Korea and China produce cheap ass seafood without the regulations. Who knows what they got us eating. The Asians get the stuff dirt cheap from home and open up spots called New Orleans Seafood etc etc. The owner from Conch City told me the Asians spray some type of pesticide like preservatives on their food to extend the life about a week. You can tast the chemical in the aftertaste.
Damn knew it was suspect shyt with them..that’s why I go out my way to go to the Black places

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
You talking about them king crab spots? They been doing that shyt in LA for a decade ever since crabpot kicked off. They Filipinos tho not Chinese

Black folks should have saw the frenzy and jumped on that ..I mean shiet it's essentially creole food

Ingelwood blacks still got the gumbo game on lock tho :wow:
Black people in Atlanta are and in my hometown Charleston, SC.. they definitely are :blessed:

It’s hard to compete with them Chinese people prices tho..we just need that connect

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Breh I don't fukk with Asians and seafood. My friend bought like 10 pounds of crab legs at one of those spots and that shyt smelled straight like ammonia. We took that nasty shyt back and breh tried to pull the okey dokey. Long story short she got her money back and told us never to come back. lol

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
The Vietnamese in bayou la batre (close to Mobile and on the Gulf of Mexico) do most of the fishing so they have direct plugs to the ones who sell them in the cities.

Basically cut out the old white fishers and started supplying their own storefronts.

New Englanders in small fishing towns do the same practice
That’s how it is in Biloxi also. Them Vietnamese heavy on the coast. I used to hit up this Vietnamese spot in Pascagoula that made a mean shrimp po boy