Whats up with AAA game developers dropping turds lately?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
"Most powerful console" can't run this at 60 fps???
12 tflops ain't enough?
:dahell:

Bethesda’s jank ass creation engine is the problem. Thats why everyone is going to default to Unreal this generation

It’s like continually putting a new engine and paint on a hooptie

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Bethesda’s jank ass creation engine is the problem. Thats why everyone is going to default to Unreal this generation

It’s like continually putting a new engine and paint on a hooptie
But but "we updated our engine" - Todd Howard

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Thread is specifically about AAA games tho

There is a reason I didn't mention Octopath traveler 2 or Hifi rush...
Imagine complaining about AAA games when you have legit alternatives :heh:

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
This doesn't prove anything any one or all of these games could be bad games...
The consistent quality of AAA games has declined and its fostering a lack of confidence within gamers.
giphy.gif

Then in June

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

Then…

giphy.gif
I forgot about SF6...

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Yeah i think I’m getting old or something, but I haven’t enjoyed any new games so far :francis:

Last game that I actually enjoyed and finished was ghosts of tushima

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
nikkas been slurping off Arkane for a minute now
I been like relaxxxxxx
Dishonored is cool and all but relax
and don't get me started on Deathloop :hhh:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I know hogwarts was mid to me. But what they did well has me excited for a sequel

Hogwarts was a good 7 to me. It was a good first try, better than some other open world games especially for a studio that has never made something of that scope before.

But i didn’t even roll credits in that game i got so bored of it by the last 3rd. When i opened up the last part of the map in the southern region i was like :unimpressed:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Hogwarts was a good 7 to me. It was a good first try, better than some other open world games especially for a studio that has never made something of that scope before.

But i didn’t even roll credits in that game i got so bored of it by the last 3rd. When i opened up the last part of the map in the southern region i was like :unimpressed:
I'm hoping the sequel will have more of an indepth stat system so wand choice, house, magic school aptitude and the classes you choose to focus on studying the most will have more consideration in the characters build.

For instance if I have a dragon core wand and I'm a Gryffindor and I choose to focus on putting extra time into my defense against the dark arts classes I should be able to create a more unique build off of that.
That kind of thing would add to replayability if they added more spells and made some of them exclusive and locked behind builds or made you focus more on one or two schools of magic instead of all of them. The only issue people would probably have is if they started making up spells just for the game. But im sure they could run them by jk Rowling first

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm hoping the sequel will have more of an indepth stat system so wand choice, house, magic school aptitude and the classes you choose to focus on studying the most will have more consideration in the characters build.

For instance if I have a dragon core wand and I'm a Gryffindor and I choose to focus on putting extra time into my defense against the dark arts classes I should be able to create a more unique build off of that.
That kind of thing would add to replayability if they added more spells and made some of them exclusive and locked behind builds or made you focus more on one or two schools of magic instead of all of them. The only issue people would probably have is if they started making up spells just for the game. But im sure they could run them by jk Rowling first

For me, I don’t really know what would make it better. I feel like it had and did everything, it just doesn’t feel worthy of being more than 25 hours long.

The combat is always gonna feel kind of limited with the idea of only using wands, im not really sure what you can do to make it more interesting.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
For me, I don’t really know what would make it better. I feel like it had and did everything, it just doesn’t feel worthy of being more than 25 hours long.

The combat is always gonna feel kind of limited with the idea of only using wands, im not really sure what you can do to make it more interesting.
True maybe it's just cuz we've been in a fantasy rpg drought for a bit so this very lightly scratched that itch since Elden Ring. But Elden Rings difficulty makes it hard to just pick up and play sometimes

Dragons Dogma 2 hurry up and come :damn:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
True maybe it's just cuz we've been in a fantasy rpg drought for a bit so this very lightly scratched that itch since Elden Ring. But Elden Rings difficulty makes it hard to just pick up and play sometimes

Dragons Dogma 2 hurry up and come :damn:

Honestly, no stan shyt, Forspokens magic combat pretty much shyts on every single game I’ve ever played where magic or shooting abilities (infamous) is a focus.

Hogwarts felt like a huge step back in terms of magical combat compared to it