Whats up with AAA game developers dropping turds lately?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This doesn't prove anything any one or all of these games could be bad games...
The consistent quality of AAA games has declined and its fostering a lack of confidence within gamers.

Naw all those games will be fire. Sometimes you just know which developers ain’t gonna fukk it up.

My spirits ain’t moved because of EA and Bethesda fukking up

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also, if you think im lying about this being the GOAT year in gaming season picking up, peep this…

14017-A09-22-FC-4-A52-92-C7-2-A3521-BA0587.jpg

I bet only the two of the top games on that list will be in the 2023 hall of fame by the end of October

I don't agree with the duck much, but he is correct and he's leaving off games like Metroid prime remaster, persona 3 and 4, monster hunter rise, fire emblem, Wo long, Final fantasy pixel HD, I could on and all these games are pretty much reviewed overall as a 8 plus.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Naw all those games will be fire. Sometimes you just know which developers ain’t gonna fukk it up.

My spirits ain’t moved because of EA and Bethesda fukking up
Redfall was made by Arkane who have NEVER made a bad game before.
Same was said about CD Projekt Red before Cyberpunk

Face it we don't know shyt until it comes out

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
I don't agree with the duck much, but he is correct and he's leaving off games like Metroid prime remaster, persona 3 and 4, monster hunter rise, fire emblem, Wo long, Final fantasy pixel HD, I could on and all these games are pretty much reviewed overall as a 8 plus.
Only 3 AAA games there and 2 of them were overrated not necessarily bad but mid and suffer from from review inflation due to the connected IPs the games were built off of.
RE 4 remake is really the saving grace of the beginning of the year.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Redfall was made by Arkane who have NEVER made a bad game before.
Same was said about CD Projekt Red before Cyberpunk

Face it we don't know shyt until it comes out

Redfall had like 100 red flags throughout its marketing, every time I mentioned any of it i was just called a console warrior (:ehh:)and ran out the thread. Everyone knows it was a bad look for Arkane to be making a damn looter shooter but no one wanted to admit it because it was the big AAA game along with Starfield.

Cyberpunk is different, they did a really good job of concealing how bad of a condition it was in until launch.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
all jokes aside, it is shaping up to be a very good year. I wouldn't call it the GOAT though

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Redfall had like 100 red flags throughout its marketing, every time I mentioned any of it i was just called a console warrior and ran out the thread. Everyone knows it was a bad look for Arkane to be making a damn looter shooter but no one wanted to admit it because it was the big AAA game along with Starfield.

Cyberpunk is different, they did a really good job of concealing how bad of a condition it was in until launch.
So then how can you reliably say that the games you mentioned above will be good? You really don't know anymore. That's the issue with the AAA gaming market at the moment. Quality is not as consistent as before. Gamers get nervous even for well established big franchises now

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So then how can you reliably say that the games you mentioned above will be good? You really don't know anymore. That's the issue with the AAA gaming market at the moment. Quality is not as consistent as before. Gamers get nervous even for well established big franchises now

Played street fighter, played diablo, FFXVI went gold last month (and its getting a demo), and Zelda is already in the streets

People are shook because the same developers who never do proper Q&A are launching games back to back, and on more platforms than ever

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Only 3 AAA games there and 2 of them were overrated not necessarily bad but mid and suffer from from review inflation due to the connected IPs the games were built off of.
RE 4 remake is really the saving grace of the beginning of the year.
AAA games alone don't make great years tho.

Most years people look back and consider goat years are years that are full of a bunch of Double A games with like 2-3 triple A games sprinkled in and most the joints was glitchy too lol. Still good times tho. :banderas:

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
AAA games alone don't make great years tho.

Most years people look back and consider goat years are years that are full of a bunch of Double A games with like 2-3 triple A games sprinkled in and most the joints was glitchy too lol. Still good times tho. :banderas:
Thread is specifically about AAA games tho

There is a reason I didn't mention Octopath traveler 2 or Hifi rush...

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I basically have 3 weeks between may and june scheduled off for gaming. I almost went ham and took the whole month off but I didn't want to go too crazy.
I can't tell you the last time that has happen if ever.
The crazy thing is that isn't even enough time and that's just between the triple A games coming out in may and june.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thread is specifically about AAA games tho

There is a reason I didn't mention Octopath traveler 2 or Hifi rush...
Ah you right, in that case yeah you'll probably have to hold out until end of june to really get a feel of how goated the year should be.
Granted when it's all said and done, anybody who hasn't gotten any of the triple A games yet and gets them later on when they are patched up and improved will probably look back and be like "2023 was crazy"

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Played street fighter, played diablo, FFXVI went gold last month (and its getting a demo), and Zelda is already in the streets

People are shook because the same developers who never do proper Q&A are launching games back to back, and on more platforms than ever
There is a trend in the industry now that developers are now longer doing proper QA and would rather release broken shyt and patch it later...

We're in real time seeing the trouble with greedy publishers pushing for quicker releases to please shareholders. Ridiculous corner cutting Profit margin seeking is ruining gaming just like other industries.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There is a trend in the industry now that developers are now longer doing proper QA and would rather release broken shyt and patch it later...

We're in real time seeing the trouble with greedy publishers pushing for quicker releases to please shareholders. Ridiculous corner cutting Profit margin seeking is ruining gaming just like other industries.

The ones who were always lazy about it (like EA with Battlefront 2, Fallen Order 1, Andromeda, etc. etc) are being held accountable for it. All these broken PC ports are losing hella money on steam right now. None of them are doing well.

Even the broken last of us port, sony deserved to lose money on that. They probably won’t release another shytty port like that again