What’s the word on Stadia?

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
You do have a point about the portability aspect. I can't lie, it was dope how I could just log in on my browser and instantly hop on AC: Odyssey on my run of the mill laptop. I think Stadia's success or failure will hinge on how well Google can convince consumers to switch over to cloud gaming. Considering how poorly they supported their other side projects, it's definitely gonna be an uphill battle for Google.
If gameplay quality can rival current consoles then cloud gaming is a no brainer

I only play ps4 online as it is so it wouldn’t be any different in terms of needing an internet connection to play

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
No. From my understanding, you are just paying for the subscription model. They can remove ANY game at ANY time. They do not give a damn. All of the games will be streamed to your device.

I never done cloud gaming before so i do not the results but if i remember correctly you can only do single player. multiplayer is not really supported due to the high latency. I could be talking shyt but at least i am not @PS4

Yeah, i prefer not to play a gaming console on a chromecast ultra .. i still see it as some .apk file that you can load in any android device. the graphics could be downgraded as well.
1. You can't do multiplayer for cloud gaming you say, you know what I say :hhh:

2. You Damn Skippy you not PS4, PS2 at best :camby:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
1. You can't do multiplayer for cloud gaming you say, you know what I say :hhh:

2. You Damn Skippy you not PS4, PS2 at best :camby:
home, if Stadia is like Netflix for gaming, then we do we need hardware to play the thing? should it not just be a Iphone App? Which kind of got me thinking, why can't ps4 and xbox one be played on the PC without any hardware? it should be possible.

im' just saying..

ps: i shall buy a ps5 (not too sure if launch title is good, so i could wait for a revision)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
home, if Stadia is like Netflix for gaming, then we do we need hardware to play the thing? should it not just be a Iphone App? Which kind of got me thinking, why can't ps4 and xbox one be played on the PC without any hardware? it should be possible.

im' just saying..

ps: i shall buy a ps5 (not too sure if launch title is good, so i could wait for a revision)
You're starting to get it :francis:

This is the last consoles we'll see for the most part. I feel Nintendo will likely have one more system but the ps6 for instance will be the name of a Sony app.

Google stadia is console free, once 5g is the standard, consoles and other devices will go the way of the dodo...

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
MS needs to position XCloud as the better version of this out the gate. I feel like they can hush this before it makes a sound. Accelerate the process of Google bushing this service like they do everything.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Microsoft is in the lead when it comes to the business plan of how to execute cloud gaming. Game Pass Ultimate and you have 100's of free games (AAA titles at that) as well as all 1st party exclusives available at launch. Stadia with their one game a month model is dead on arrival.

As someone said earlier, this is the last of the console generation. The next hardware is simply going to be stream boxes.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Microsoft is in the lead when it comes to the business plan of how to execute cloud gaming. Game Pass Ultimate and you have 100's of free games (AAA titles at that) as well as all 1st party exclusives available at launch. Stadia with their one game a month model is dead on arrival.

As someone said earlier, this is the last of the console generation. The next hardware is simply going to be stream boxes.

So console-free gaming from Sony and Microsoft is 5 years away?

That’s a long time for google to get stadia right

Last edited:

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps

im' just saying..

We need hardware the same way we need hardware (chromecast, roku etc) to access Netflix on a tv that isnt a smart tv

It would be nice if I could just download a stadia app on my roku though

Which makes me wonder: if you need a chromecast to play stadia on your tv, will chromecast now have its own interface or will you have to browse and select games from your smartphone?

If your smartphone has to be involved I think that’s gonna be a problem

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
What are they charging?

If its just $10 a month, isn't that what you console peasants pay anyways to play multiplayer?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Not really

A yearly subscription for ps plus or Xbox gold is like $60
You still save with Stadia...

1st Year initial cost

Console + game + multiplayer charge = $530 minimum (This is conservative, I put the console cost at $400)

Stadia service charge + game = $180

5 years of Stadia and console minus game cost (which will be the same on both platforms) over that span...

Stadia

$180 + $120 + $120 + $120 + $120 = $660

Console

$530 + $60 + $60 + $60 + $60 = $770

Stadia saving you $110 over a 5 year span...

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
You still save with Stadia...

1st Year initial cost

Console + game + multiplayer charge = $530 minimum (This is conservative, I put the console cost at $400)

Stadia service charge + game = $180

5 years of Stadia and console minus game cost (which will be the same on both platforms) over that span...

Stadia

$180 + $120 + $120 + $120 + $120 = $660

Console

$530 + $60 + $60 + $60 + $60 = $770

Stadia saving you $110 over a 5 year span...

Yeah

Will save you way more if you opt for the free service

I think at launch if you buy the founders edition package or whatever it’s called you get three free months of stadia pro

Founders edition comes with the google remote control and a chromecast ultra for $130 so if you factor in the 3 free months of pro then you’re really paying $100 for the chromecast and remote

if you already have a chromecast ultra then you just gotta cop the remote for $70 I think but I’m not sure when the remote’s gonna be available for purchase separately

Or if you plan on only playing on a tablet or laptop etc then you wouldn’t need to purchase the chromecast ultra either

For $130 I’m tempted to preorder

I spend $100 on vices and junk food weekly lol

Only think is idk if I can wait until November to cop 2k20

Ima try to convince my boy who I share my ps4 with to cop 2k20 so I can just download his

It’s his turn to cop a game anyway

If I can do that then I think ima jump on board at launch and cop 2k20 on stadia

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Stadia will die a worse death than Google Glasses
Only if there is a lack of content and input lag...

There is a very strong market for this service, more folk can afford $10 a month than $530 on a console...The concept of Stadia just needs to be done right and Google has the infrastructure to get it done...

SONY and Nintendo will remain relevant because of their very strong exclusive libraries but Stadia is a major threat to MS...

What are you paying $500 for on xbox? Halo 9 and Gears 7? The gamer who wants to play 2K, FIFA, Cyberpunk, GTA, RDR and other multiplats has zero incentive to buy an xbox over Stadia if the service is reliable...

Last edited: