What’s the word on Stadia?

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
They lowkey tried to make it seem GOAT in the beginning

Then when they announced how it was actually going to work everyone lost interest

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
so it looks like you will be playing games via subscription using cloud vps servers. you would need a high speed internet connect.

people probably will skip this console because you can not own the game. they have the right to move ANY game at ANY time.

this is like like netflix for gaming but you have to buy a box to use it. it's funny, this can probably be played through a windows / android app for all we know. like what is so special about the hardware?

that's my take on it. I don't think it will overshadow the other consoles. i think it may end up like the DREAMCAST.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
so it looks like you will be playing games via subscription using cloud vps servers. you would need a high speed internet connect.

people probably will skip this console because you can not own the game. they have the right to move ANY game at ANY time.

this is like like netflix for gaming but you have to buy a box to use it. it's funny, this can probably be played through a windows / android app for all we know. like what is so special about the hardware?

that's my take on it. I don't think it will overshadow the other consoles. i think it may end up like the DREAMCAST.

I thought you could own the game?

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps

Technically you don’t need the hardware

You only need a chromecast ultra if you want to play on your tv

Otherwise you can play on your phone or computer

Although it’s only compatible with the google pixel phone at the moment

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
i don't really know if you can own the game which is bullshyt. Plus what if I want to mod the game?

We don’t know how extensive the free game library will be for paid subscribers though

At launch only one game free game will be included with the paid subscription

All other games you have to purchase (prices will same as games on consoles) on top of paying the $10 a month

Then sometime in 2020 they’re going to roll out the free service....which is what I’ll probably do as long as there’s no lag in game play

I don’t really care about 4K resolution

I think the shyt gonna flop though lol
I'm not really looking for a free library, just a very large amount of games I can choose to play whenever. I believe PS Now is a good idea in theory, just that the connection is wack as fukk. If Stadia can let you play damn near every PC/console made from this gen, next gen, and the last 3 gens, it would be great. I doubt it though.

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
seems like it gonna flop, they can barely get the conferences about the shyt to stream without lagging

ColiBomaye

All Star
Daps
I beta tested it late last year. I was pleasantly surprised with how smooth the experience was. The delay was non-existent and the quality seldom dipped to unplayable levels.

With that said, Stadia's still gonna flop. The business model, if I understand correctly, has zero appeal. You pay a $10 subscription fee just to get ONE free game a month. Meaning, you still have to buy each game on the platform whether or not you have the free or premium subscription. On top of that, as soon as you stop subscribing to Stadia Pro, you straight up lose access to your claimed free games a la PS Plus.

For as big and successful a company like Google is, they sure make some dumb product choices. Who does Stadia even appeal to? The gamer who somehow doesn't have a console/PC, but has a high-speed AND uncapped ISP? It's one thing for games now to be mostly digital, but are people really gonna be on board with cloud gaming? Especially from a company that's notorious for axing a bunch of their products after a short time?

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
I’m reading up on this a lil more

I think it could be lit if there’s no issues with game play lag

You can play on any laptop or tablet

It doesn’t have to be a souped up gaming computer

shyt might be fire

And unless you want 4K graphics or access to free games you can just go with the free service

This makes gaming way more portable than it is right now and is definitely a step in the right direction

I’m almost tempted to not cop 2k20 for ps4 in September and just wait till November and try out 2k20 on stadia

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
I beta tested it late last year. I was pleasantly surprised with how smooth the experience was. The delay was non-existent and the quality seldom dipped to unplayable levels.

With that said, Stadia's still gonna flop. The business model, if I understand correctly, has zero appeal. You pay a $10 subscription fee just to get ONE free game a month. Meaning, you still have to buy each game on the platform whether or not you have the free or premium subscription. On top of that, as soon as you stop subscribing to Stadia Pro, you straight up lose access to your claimed free games a la PS Plus.

For as big and successful a company like Google is, they sure make some dumb product choices. Who does Stadia even appeal to? The gamer who somehow doesn't have a console/PC, but has a high-speed AND uncapped ISP? It's one thing for games now to be mostly digital, but are people really gonna be on board with cloud gaming? Especially from a company that's notorious for axing a bunch of their products after a short time?
Yeah $10 a month for access to games would be dope but you don’t have to pay the $10 a month

You can opt for the free version

I think the appeal is having your gaming “system” become way more portable and mobile

For example you can take your laptop (which you would probably take with you anyway) and remote control to your shortys crib for the weekend and can play games during your down time...as long as she has wifi

As opposed to bringing your whole damn system and game library (if they ain’t downloaded to ur console) to her crib lol

I think this might be dope I have faith

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
No. From my understanding, you are just paying for the subscription model. They can remove ANY game at ANY time. They do not give a damn. All of the games will be streamed to your device.

Technically you don’t need the hardware

You only need a chromecast ultra if you want to play on your tv

Otherwise you can play on your phone or computer

Although it’s only compatible with the google pixel phone at the moment
I never done cloud gaming before so i do not the results but if i remember correctly you can only do single player. multiplayer is not really supported due to the high latency. I could be talking shyt but at least i am not @PS4

Yeah, i prefer not to play a gaming console on a chromecast ultra .. i still see it as some .apk file that you can load in any android device. the graphics could be downgraded as well.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Depending on what type of job you got you could be at work playing 2k shady on ur lunch break lol

That’s lit

ColiBomaye

All Star
Daps
Yeah $10 a month for access to games would be dope but you don’t have to pay the $10 a month

You can opt for the free version

I think the appeal is having your gaming “system” become way more portable and mobile

For example you can take your laptop (which you would probably take with you anyway) and remote control to your shortys crib for the weekend and can play games during your down time...as long as she has wifi

As opposed to bringing your whole damn system and game library (if they ain’t downloaded to ur console) to her crib lol

I think this might be dope I have faith

You do have a point about the portability aspect. I can't lie, it was dope how I could just log in on my browser and instantly hop on AC: Odyssey on my run of the mill laptop. I think Stadia's success or failure will hinge on how well Google can convince consumers to switch over to cloud gaming. Considering how poorly they supported their other side projects, it's definitely gonna be an uphill battle for Google.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
No. From my understanding, you are just paying for the subscription model. They can remove ANY game at ANY time. They do not give a damn. All of the games will be streamed to your device.

I never done cloud gaming before so i do not the results but if i remember correctly you can only do single player. multiplayer is not really supported due to the high latency. I could be talking shyt but at least i am not @PS4

Yeah, i prefer not to play a gaming console on a chromecast ultra .. i still see it as some .apk file that you can load in any android device. the graphics could be downgraded as well.

Nah there’s definitely gonna be multiplayer gaming