What's The Point of Rooting/Modding Your Android?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I have a Samsung Infuse 4G through ATnT and I've been thinking about rooting and modding it but I don't see the point just yet.

bigrice25

DUUUVAAAAAALL!!!
Daps
Reppin
DUUUVAAAAAAAAAL
i just wanted to get rid of all those apps that they dont let u delete... but i hear you can better your phones performance if you root.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Ive had the evo,evo 3D,and now evo lte,and have had every generation ipod touch and have never rooted or jail broken either,they do what i want them to:yeshrug: havnt really looked into it so I never been tempted to:leon:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
i just wanted to get rid of all those apps that they dont let u delete... but i hear you can better your phones performance if you root.
When I was researching how to mod my phone, I saw this:

ICS here: (more to come) (no bugs) - Page 96 - xda-developers
aside from no bluetooth, and a sometimes flakey camera, its running great. Im not sure what CM collects from the installs (as far as performance data) but its run the best it has in almost a year.

Like damn, you risk losing a lot of shyt.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
it breathes new life into old phones. My friend still has a MyTouch 3G and I am about to root it and install a supposedly very fast gingerbread mod. Keep in mind that the damn MyTouch 3G was released 3 years ago. I won't be surprised if one day someone feels like they need a challenge and makes an ICS rom for the bytch.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Eh. I had my Droid 1 rooted to hell, and by the last few months, shyt just wasn't running very well at all. My main reason for rooting then was (as was mentioned) to get the unwanted apps off my phone, speed it up, and wifi tether.

With my RAZR MAXX, shyt is fast as it is, the unwanted apps really aren't bothering me. And as far as wifi tethering, there's an app in the store that lets you do it without needing to root, so I'm good there.

Although, my "knowledge" helped me, as I was tired of waiting for the ICS OTA, so I downloaded and installed it today.

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Eh. I had my Droid 1 rooted to hell, and by the last few months, shyt just wasn't running very well at all. My main reason for rooting then was (as was mentioned) to get the unwanted apps off my phone, speed it up, and wifi tether.

With my RAZR MAXX, shyt is fast as it is, the unwanted apps really aren't bothering me. And as far as wifi tethering, there's an app in the store that lets you do it without needing to root, so I'm good there.

Although, my "knowledge" helped me, as I was tired of waiting for the ICS OTA, so I downloaded and installed it today.

razr maxx ics 4.
04 make it able to disable bloatware :cook:

NUPE 1911

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a Samsung Infuse 4G through ATnT and I've been thinking about rooting and modding it but I don't see the point just yet.

Substantially Substantially Substantially improved performance. Usually, get an improved interface as well.

I have an Infuse 4g that I use as a secondary phone. I have it rooted and modded. It performance SUBSTANTIALLY better as far as loading, lag, speed, etc. are concerned.