What's The Most Enjoyable PS4 Game?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How recent was the update. Last time I played recore was some months ago and it still suffered from a generic, most unpopulated boring world, massive back tracking, boring level design, and hit and miss companion Ai.
The game is decent but not on par with the polish of R&C.
I'd like to see a recore sequel since what they already did is a strong foundation.
It was just a couple weeks ago. Free update that turned it into the "definitive edition".

Fixes the fast travel and backtracking for cores problem.

What's funny is I feel nier automata has all those same problems you listed here, but even worse, yet it's regarded as a great game around here. I wonder why :mjpls:

I wasn't saying Recore was on par with R&C (although if we hold R&C to 2017 standards there's plenty to nitpick about) I was just saying it's a similar style of game. There aren't very many of this style of game out right now, so the choices are slim if that's the style of game you want to play.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It was just a couple weeks ago. Free update that turned it into the "definitive edition".

What's funny is I feel nier automata has all those same problems you listed here, but even worse, yet it's regarded as a great game around here. I wonder why :mjpls:

I wasn't saying Recore was on par with R&C (although if we hold R&C to 2017 standards there's plenty to nitpick about) I was just saying it's a similar style of game. There aren't very many of this style of game out right now, so the choices are slim if that's the style of game you want to play.
I'll have to check the update.
As far as the back tracking in Nier, a lot of it is optional, and Nier is a much more polished experience than Recore.
For my taste, Recore drops the ball in presentation, character movement, and story.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'll have to check the update.
As far as the back tracking in Nier, a lot of it is optional, and Nier is a much more polished experience than Recore.
For my taste, Recore drops the ball in presentation, character movement, and story.
Played nier on PC and polished is the last word I'd use to describe it. Glitches and shyt all around. Had to download a fan made mod in order to play it at a reasonable framerate. And no the backtracking isn't optional. Hell the games main draw is to "backtrack" the whole damn thing multiple times :beli:

I think the movement is great. Better platfrming than any of the aforementioned games including R&C. That's the best part of the game.

And I myself and seemingly the OP don't really give a fukk about presentation and story. :manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Played nier on PC and polished is the last word I'd use to describe it. Glitches and shyt all around. Had to download a fan made mod in order to play it at a reasonable framerate. And no the backtracking isn't optional. Hell the games main draw is to "backtrack" the whole damn thing multiple times :beli:

I think the movement is great. Better platfrming than any of the aforementioned games including R&C. That's the best part of the game.

And I myself and seemingly the OP don't really give a fukk about presentation and story. :manny:
Play on PC brehs :mjlol:
but seriously...the game was silky smooth on my PS4. Not a single complaint about performance.
For me the game takes a hit in repetitiveness and some awkward hand cramp inducing battles that require you to keep your hands on the triggers and still attack with the face buttons.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Play on PC brehs :mjlol:
but seriously...the game was silky smooth on my PS4. Not a single complaint about performance.
For me the game takes a hit in repetitiveness and some awkward hand cramp inducing battles that require you to keep your hands on the triggers and still attack with the face buttons.

You don't even know

shyt crashed all the time and with that dumb ass save system I'd have to replay entire sections over again.:snoop:

After one play through I was like fukk that shyt and just read the wiki for the rest of the story.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'll definitely check that out now but comparing Nier Automata to ReCore is moronic. The difference in polish, character development, combat depth, story, world building, and how it uses its medium to tell a story is on an entirely different spectrum as ReCore. Nier also has exceptional combat, focuses more on character development, has multiple interesting types of game modes that break up any backtracking, and is constantly rewarding you with interesting plot development or character development all the time.

Joule is about as fleshed out and interesting character as a cardboard cutout of Rey from TFA.

The music alone from Nier is better produced and composed than 95% of ReCore.

I'll definitely check out the definitive edition though but false equivalences are shytty. Backtracking in something like the Soulsborne or Nier is handled much better than ReCore especially when you compare the worlds they inhabit.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'll definitely check that out now but comparing Nier Automata to ReCore is moronic. The difference in polish, character development, combat depth, story, world building, and how it uses its medium to tell a story is on an entirely different spectrum as ReCore. Nier also has exceptional combat, focuses more on character development, has multiple interesting types of game modes that break up any backtracking, and is constantly rewarding you with interesting plot development or character development all the time.
Yes nier has better/more story/presentation. No doubt about that. But I don't think it's wrong to compare the two games.

They have a lot of similarities from the fact that they share the same genre down to the fact that in both games you have a robot companion throughout the campaign.

And no way in hell you can claim Niers combat is "deep" or "exceptional"

Niers combat is boring and mindless. The enemy and encounter design are mediocre at best. There's lots of weapons and powers, but not one of the enemies make you use any of them in any interesting or strategic way.

Joule is about as fleshed out and interesting character as a cardboard cutout of Rey from TFA.
She's fun to play with.:manny:

The music alone from Nier is better produced and composed than 95% of ReCore.
I did really enjoy the music in Nier. But I'm here to play games not listen to them :manny:

I'll definitely check out the definitive edition though but false equivalences are shytty. Backtracking in something like the Soulsborne or Nier is handled much better than ReCore especially when you compare the worlds they inhabit.
There was nothing wrong with the comparison I made. Both games are similar in plenty ways including their shortcomings in design.

Y'all going on and on about a games story in a thread where dude clearly told y'all he didn't want to get bogged down with story. Nier Automata is the absolute last game OP would want to play right now.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes nier has better/more story/presentation. No doubt about that. But I don't think it's wrong to compare the two games.

They have a lot of similarities from the fact that they share the same genre down to the fact that in both games you have a robot companion throughout the campaign.

And no way in hell you can claim Niers combat is "deep" or "exceptional"

Niers combat is boring and mindless. The enemy and encounter design are mediocre at best. There's lots of weapons and powers, but not one of the enemies make you use any of them in any interesting or strategic way.

She's fun to play with.:manny:

I did really enjoy the music in Nier. But I'm here to play games not listen to them :manny:

There was nothing wrong with the comparison I made. Both games are similar in plenty ways including their shortcomings in design.

Y'all going on and on about a games story in a thread where dude clearly told y'all he didn't want to get bogged down with story. Nier Automata is the absolute last game OP would want to play right now.

I didn't suggest Automata but Nier's combat is still on entirely different level than ReCore and has ten times the variety.

It's not backtracking when the world is filled with interesting and well-developed characters, new information, new types of gameplay, and a much more artistic and deeper themes.

Nier's backtracking adds to character development, world building, new gameplay, and interesting developments. ReCore's backtracking is mindless and rarely adds anything of substance to the characters.

You played the worst possible version of the game and didn't even properly experience the story but read about it. You're barely qualified to talk about it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I didn't suggest Automata but Nier's combat is still on entirely different level than ReCore and has ten times the variety.
Wait we are talking about Nier Automata right?

The combat had absolutely zero variety. All the enemies are mindless, and all the weapons pretty much play the same. All the combo commands are the same. Not one enemy in the game forces you to use any of your weapons in a strategic way.

In Recore the different enemies force you to use different weapons, techniques, and strategies to beat them. There's risk/reward in extracting the cores.

And I'm not even arguing that Recore combat is great, as I think it's merely serviceable. But there's no way in hell you can argue that Nier has "deep" "extraordinary" "varied" combat.

The combat in Nier is none of that

It's not backtracking when the world is filled with interesting and well-developed characters, new information, new types of gameplay, and a much more artistic and deeper themes.
But Niers world is filled with none of this.

It's empty as fukk. Boring as fukk. Not visually stimulating. The enemies suck. Gameplay still the damn same

Only thing you get is more story.

In contrast backtracking in Recore does give you new gameplay situations and experiences because you have more abilities to access new areas.

Nier's backtracking adds to character development, world building, new gameplay, and interesting developments. ReCore's backtracking is mindless and rarely adds anything of substance to the characters.
Niers backtracking adds more story

Recores ads more gameplay.

You played the worst possible version of the game and didn't even properly experience the story but read about it. You're barely qualified to talk about it.
I don't give a fukk about the story:manny: